Make a bubble, take a free lunch, break a bank
Standard economics is known to be incapable of integrating the real and the monetary sphere. The ultimate reason is that the whole theoretical edifice is built upon a set of behavioral axioms. Therefore, the formal starting point is moved to structural axioms. This makes it possible to formally track the complete process of value creation and destruction in the asset market and its consequences for the household and business sector. From the set of structural axioms emerge the well-known phenomena of a bubble from free lunches through appreciation to defaults due to a lack of potential next buyers.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tovar, Camilo Ernesto, 2009.
"DSGE Models and Central Banks,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 3, pages 1-31.
- Frank Ackerman, 2001. "Still dead after all these years: interpreting the failure of general equilibrium theory," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 119-139.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011.
"Reconstructing the Quantity Theory (II),"
32542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bezemer, D.J., 2009. "No one saw this coming. Understanding financial crisis through accounting models," Research Report 09002, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- repec:dgr:rugsom:09002 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2011. "The pure logic of value, profit, interest," MPRA Paper 30853, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Hudson, 2012. "Veblen's Institutionalist Elaboration of Rent Theory," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_729, Levy Economics Institute.
- Egmont Kakarot-Handtke, 2012.
"Primary and Secondary Markets,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_741, Levy Economics Institute.
- Kakarot-Handtke, Egmont, 2012. "General formal foundations of the virtuous deficit–profit symmetry and the vicious debt deflation," MPRA Paper 42912, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.