Insecure Land Rights and Share Tenancy: Evidence from Madagascar
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brasselle, Anne-Sophie & Gaspart, Frederic & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2002. "Land tenure security and investment incentives: puzzling evidence from Burkina Faso," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 373-418, April.
- Dubois, Pierre, 2002.
"Moral hazard, land fertility and sharecropping in a rural area of the Philippines,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 35-64, June.
- Pierre Dubois, 1999. "Moral Hazard, Land Fertility and Sharecropping in a Rural Area of the Philippines," Working Papers 99-30, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Luseno, Winnie K. & McPeak, John G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Little, Peter D. & Gebru, Getachew, 2003. "Assessing the Value of Climate Forecast Information for Pastoralists: Evidence from Southern Ethiopia and Northern Kenya," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 1477-1494, September.
- Macours, Karen & Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2010.
"Insecurity of property rights and social matching in the tenancy market,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 880-899, October.
- Karen Macours & Alain De Janvry & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2010. "Insecurity of Property Rights and Social Matching in the Tenancy Market," Post-Print halshs-00754420, HAL.
- Luis H. B. Braido, 2008.
"Evidence on the Incentive Properties of Share Contracts,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 327-349, May.
- Luis H.B. Braido, 2005. "Evidence on the Incentive Properties of Share Contracts," Development and Comp Systems 0508013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ellickson, Robert C, 1989. "A Hypothesis of Wealth-Maximizing Norms: Evidence from the Whaling Industry," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 83-97, Spring.
- Elaine M. Liu, 2013. "Time to Change What to Sow: Risk Preferences and Technology Adoption Decisions of Cotton Farmers in China," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 95(4), pages 1386-1403, October.
- Menale Kassie & Stein Holden, 2007. "Sharecropping efficiency in Ethiopia: threats of eviction and kinship," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 37(2-3), pages 179-188, September.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing, 2003.
"The Impact of Property Rights on Households' Investment, Risk Coping, and Policy Preferences: Evidence from China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 851-882, July.
- Deininger, Klaus & Songqing Jin, 2002. "The impact of property rights on households'investment, risk coping, and policy preferences : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2931, The World Bank.
- Marc F. Bellemare, 2009. "Sharecropping, Insecure Land Rights and Land Titling Policies: A Case Study of Lac Alaotra, Madagascar," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 27(1), pages 87-106, January.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Mohamed Salah Matoussi, 1995.
"Moral Hazard, Financial Constraints and Sharecropping in El Oulja,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(3), pages 381-399.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Matoussi, Mohamed Salah., 1988. "Moral Hazard, Financial Constraints and Sharecropping in El Oulja," Working Papers 667, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Matthew Baker & Thomas Miceli & C. F. Sirmans & Geoffrey K. Turnbull, 2001. "Property Rights by Squatting: Land Ownership Risk and Adverse Possession Statutes," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 77(3), pages 360-370.
- Marc F. Bellemare & Zachary S. Brown, 2010. "On the (Mis)Use of Wealth as a Proxy for Risk Aversion," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(1), pages 273-282.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Ten Things Applied Econometricians Should Keep in Mind
by Marc F. Bellemare in Marc F. Bellemare on 2013-09-18 14:00:07
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Erin K. Fletcher, 2016.
"Match quality and maternal investments in children,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 83-102, March.
- Erin Fletcher, 2016. "Match quality and maternal investments in children," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 83-102, March.
- Carol Newman & Finn Tarp & Katleen van den Broeck, 2015. "Property Rights and Productivity: The Case of Joint Land Titling in Vietnam," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(1), pages 91-105.
- Holden, Stein T. & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2014.
"The roles of land tenure reforms and land markets in the context of population growth and land use intensification in Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 88-97.
- Holden, Stein & Otsuka, Keijiro, 2013. "The Roles of Land Tenure Reforms and Land Markets in the Context of Population Growth and Land Use Intensification in Africa," CLTS Working Papers 15/13, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Brhanu , Desta & Holden , Stein T., 2018. "Variation in Output Shares and Endogenous Matching in Land Rental Contracts," CLTS Working Papers 2/18, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Marc F. Bellemare, 2013. "The Productivity Impacts of Formal and Informal Land Rights: Evidence from Madagascar," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 272-290.
- Schwerhoff, Gregor & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Waha, Katharina, 2016. "Agricultural Risk Management and Land Tenure," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145792, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uwp:landec:v:88:y:2012:i:1:p:155-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://le.uwpress.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.