Vouchers, choice, and public policy: An overview
The educational voucher system builds on the pillars of informed choice and competition to improve the quality of the education provided. This document summarizes some of the results of recent literature on the subject, and discusses their public policy implications.
Volume (Year): 39 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 Year 2012 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.uchile.cl/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francisco Gallego & Andrés Hernando, 2009. "School Choice in Chile: Looking at the Demand Side," Documentos de Trabajo 356, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Couch, Jim F & Shughart, William F, II & Williams, Al L, 1993. "Private School Enrollment and Public School Performance," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 301-312, August.
- Chumacero, Romulo & Gómez Caorsi, Daniel & Paredes, Ricardo, 2008. "I would walk 500 miles (if it paid)," MPRA Paper 15125, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2008.
- Daniel G—mez & R—mulo A. Chumacero & Ricardo D. Paredes, 2012. "School choice and information," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2 Year 20), pages 143-157, December.
- Stephen Gibbons & Stephen Machin & Olmo Silva, 2008.
"Choice, Competition, and Pupil Achievement,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 912-947, June.
- Gibbons, Steve & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2006. "Choice, Competition and Pupil Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 2214, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2008. "Choice, competition and pupil achievement," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20472, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Paredes, Ricardo & Ugarte, Gabriel, 2009. "Should Students Be Allowed to Miss?," MPRA Paper 15583, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:esteco:v:39:y:2012:i:2:p:115-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verónica Kunze)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.