Vouchers, choice, and public policy: An overview
The educational voucher system builds on the pillars of informed choice and competition to improve the quality of the education provided. This document summarizes some of the results of recent literature on the subject, and discusses their public policy implications.
Volume (Year): 39 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 Year 2012 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.uchile.cl/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen Gibbons & Stephen Machin & Olmo Silva, 2008.
"Choice, Competition, and Pupil Achievement,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 6(4), pages 912-947, 06.
- Gibbons, Steve & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2006. "Choice, Competition and Pupil Achievement," IZA Discussion Papers 2214, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stephen Gibbons & Stephen Machin & Olmo Silva, 2008. "Choice, competition and pupil achievement," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20472, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Paredes, Ricardo & Ugarte, Gabriel, 2009. "Should Students Be Allowed to Miss?," MPRA Paper 15583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel G—mez & R—mulo A. Chumacero & Ricardo D. Paredes, 2012. "School choice and information," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2 Year 20), pages 143-157, December.
- Couch, Jim F & Shughart, William F, II & Williams, Al L, 1993. "Private School Enrollment and Public School Performance," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 301-12, August.
- Francisco Gallego & Andrés Hernando, 2009. "School Choice in Chile: Looking at the Demand Side," Documentos de Trabajo 356, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Chumacero, Romulo & Gómez Caorsi, Daniel & Paredes, Ricardo, 2008. "I would walk 500 miles (if it paid)," MPRA Paper 15125, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2008.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:esteco:v:39:y:2012:i:2:p:115-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verónica Kunze)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.