Vouchers, choice, and public policy: An overview
The educational voucher system builds on the pillars of informed choice and competition to improve the quality of the education provided. This document summarizes some of the results of recent literature on the subject, and discusses their public policy implications.
Volume (Year): 39 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 Year 2012 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.uchile.cl/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Couch, Jim F & Shughart, William F, II & Williams, Al L, 1993. " Private School Enrollment and Public School Performance," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 76(4), pages 301-12, August.
- Paredes, Ricardo & Ugarte, Gabriel, 2009. "Should Students Be Allowed to Miss?," MPRA Paper 15583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel G—mez & R—mulo A. Chumacero & Ricardo D. Paredes, 2012. "School choice and information," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2 Year 20), pages 143-157, December.
- Chumacero, Romulo & Gómez Caorsi, Daniel & Paredes, Ricardo, 2008. "I would walk 500 miles (if it paid)," MPRA Paper 15125, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2008.
- Gibbons, Steve & Machin, Stephen & Silva, Olmo, 2006.
"Choice, Competition and Pupil Achievement,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2214, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Francisco Gallego & Andrés Hernando, 2009. "School Choice in Chile: Looking at the Demand Side," Documentos de Trabajo 356, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:esteco:v:39:y:2012:i:2:p:115-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Verónica Kunze)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.