The Impact of Human Capital Investments on Pension Benefits
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard V. Burkhauser, 1979. "The Pension Acceptance Decision of Older Workers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(1), pages 63-75.
- Kennan, John, 1979. "Bonding and the enforcement of labor contracts," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 61-66.
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1979. "Bonus Payments, on-the-Job Training, and Lifetime Employment in Japan," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 1086-1104, October.
- Roger H. Gordon & Alan S. Blinder, 1980.
"Market wages, reservation wages, and retirement decisions,"
NBER Chapters,in: Econometric Studies in Public Finance, pages 277-308
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, Roger H. & Blinder, Alan S., 1980. "Market wages, reservation wages, and retirement decisions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 277-308, October.
- Roger H. Gordon & Alan S. Blinder, 1980. "Market Wages, Reservation Wages, and Retirement Decisions," NBER Working Papers 0513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manning, W. G. & Duan, N. & Rogers, W. H., 1987. "Monte Carlo evidence on the choice between sample selection and two-part models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 59-82, May.
- Burtless, Gary & Moffitt, Robert A, 1985. "The Joint Choice of Retirement Age and Postretirement Hours of Work," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(2), pages 209-236, April.
- Ippolito, Richard A, 1985. "The Economic Function of Underfunded Pension Plans," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(3), pages 611-651, October.
- Hutchens, Robert, 1986. "Delayed Payment Contracts and a Firm's Propensity to Hire Older Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(4), pages 439-457, October.
- Joseph F. Quinn, 1977. "Microeconomic Determinants of Early Retirement: A Cross-Sectional View of White Married Men," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 12(3), pages 329-346.
- Edward P. Lazear & Robert L. Moore, 1984. "Incentives, Productivity, and Labor Contracts," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(2), pages 275-296.
- Steven G. Allen & Robert L. Clark & Ann A. McDermed, 1993. "Pensions, Bonding, and Lifetime Jobs," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(3), pages 463-481.
- Christopher Cornwell & Stuart Dorsey & Nasser Mehrzad, 1991. "Opportunistic Behavior by Firms in Implicit Pension Contracts," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(4), pages 704-725.
- Lynch, Lisa M, 1992. "Private-Sector Training and the Earnings of Young Workers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 299-312, March.
- Gary S. Fields & Olivia S. Mitchell, 1984. "Retirement, Pensions, and Social Security," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262060914, January.
- Schiller, Bradley R & Weiss, Randall D, 1979. "The Impact of Private Pensions on Firm Attachment," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 369-380, August.
- McCormick, Barry & Hughes, Gordon, 1984. "The influence of pensions on job mobility," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 183-206.
- Kotlikoff, Laurence J. & Smith, Daniel E., 1984. "Pensions in the American Economy," National Bureau of Economic Research Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226451466, December.
- Brown, James N, 1989. "Why Do Wages Increase with Tenure? On-the-Job Training and Life-Cycle Wage Growth Observed within Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 971-991, December.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Joseph F. Quinn, 1983. "Is Mandatory Retirement Overrated? Evidence from the 1970s," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(3), pages 337-358.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johnson, Richard W., 1997. "Pension Underfunding and Liberal Retirement Benefits Among State and Local Government Workers," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(1), pages 113-42, March.
- Ghilarducci, Teresa & Reich, Michael, 1998. "Training and Pensions: Substitutes or Complements?," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt2xq878qt, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Haynes, Jonathan B. & Sessions, John G., 2013.
"Work now, pay later? An empirical analysis of the pension–pay trade off,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 835-843.
- Haynes, Jonathan & Sessions, John, 2011. "Work Now, Pay Later?:An Empirical Analysis of the Pension Pay-Trade Off," Department of Economics Working Papers 32992, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Inkmann, Joachim, 2006. "Compensating wage differentials for defined benefit and defined contribution occupational pension scheme benefits," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24516, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hart Robert A. & Ma Yue, 2008.
"Wages, Hours and Human Capital Over the Life Cycle,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 228(5-6), pages 446-464, October.
- Hart, Robert A. & Ma, Yue, 2000. "Wages, Hours and Human Capital over the Live Cycle," IZA Discussion Papers 139, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Montizaan Raymond & Coervers Frank & Grip Andries de, 2007. "Training and early Retirement," ROA Research Memorandum 002, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Johnson, Richard W., 1997. "Pension Underfunding and Liberal Retirement Benefits Among State and Local Government Workers," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(1), pages 113-142, March.
- Blake, David, 2003. "Modelling the composition of personal sector wealth in the United Kingdom," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24866, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Montizaan, Raymond & Cörvers, Frank & de Grip, Andries, 2008. "Training Background and Early Retirement," IZA Discussion Papers 3504, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gustman, Alan L. & Steinmeier, Thomas L., 1999.
"Effects of pensions on savings: analysis with data from the health and retirement study,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 271-324, June.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 1998. "Effects of Pensions on Saving: Analysis with Data from the Health and Retirement Study," NBER Working Papers 6681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:14:y:1996:i:3:p:520-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.