China's emergence in global commodity markets
This paper analyses the history of China’s demand for commodities — across energy, metals and agriculture — and the potential path of future demand. It compares China’s experience in recent decades with that of other recent industrialising economies, and considers the scale and pace of China’s commodity demand and its own domestic production on global commodity markets.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Langton Crescent, PARKES ACT 2600|
Phone: +61 2 6263 2111
Fax: +61 2 6273 2614
Web page: http://www.treasury.gov.au
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Golley, Jane & Meng, Xin, 2011. "Has China run out of surplus labour?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 555-572.
- Calista Cheung & Sylvie Morin, 2007.
"The Impact of Emerging Asia on Commodity Prices,"
Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, vol. 0(2), pages 181-224, July-Dece.
- Vanessa Rayner & Emily Laing & Jamie Hall, 2011. "Developments in Global Food Prices," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 15-22, March.
- Zhang, Kevin Honglin & Song, Shunfeng, 2003. "Rural-urban migration and urbanization in China: Evidence from time-series and cross-section analyses," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 386-400.
- Ross Garnaut & Stephen Howes & Frank Jotzo & Peter Sheehan, 2008. "Emissions in the Platinum Age: the implications of rapid development for climate-change mitigation," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 377-401, Summer.
- James Holloway & Ivan Roberts & Anthony Rush, 2010. "China's Steel Industry," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 19-26, December.
- Virginia Christie & Brad Mitchell & David Orsmond & Marileze Van Zyl, 2011. "The Iron Ore, Coal and Gas Sectors," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 1-8, March.
- Ivan Roberts & Anthony Rush, 2010. "Sources of Chinese Demand for Resource Commodities," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2010-08, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Will Devlin & Sarah Woods & Brendan Coates, 2011. "Commodity price volatility," Economic Roundup, The Treasury, Australian Government, issue 1, pages 1-12, April.
- Huw McKay, 2008. "Metal Intensity in Comparative Historical Perspective: China, North Asia, the United States & the Kuznets Curve," GDSC Working Papers 006, Institute of Global Dynamic Systems.
- Jin Liu & Tony McDonald, 2010. "China: growth, urbanisation and mineral resource demand," Economic Roundup, The Treasury, Australian Government, issue 2, pages 57-71, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tsy:journl:journl_tsy_er_2012_1_1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (The Treasury (Commonwealth of Australia))
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.