Integration or Segmentation of the Malaysian Equity Market: An Analysis of Pre- and Post-Capital Controls
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 2004. "Integration or Segmentation of Malaysian Equity Market: An Analysis of Pre- and Post- Capital Controls," Finance 0411010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorion, Philippe & Schwartz, Eduardo, 1986. "Integration vs. Segmentation in the Canadian Stock Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(3), pages 603-614, July.
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980.
"Comparison of Interwar and Postwar Business Cycles: Monetarism Reconsidered,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 250-257, May.
- Christopher A. Sims, 1980. "Comparison of Interwar and Postwar Business Cycles: Monetarism Reconsidered," NBER Working Papers 0430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2001. "Crisis and Recovery in Malaysia," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2340.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Rudi Dornbusch, 2001. "Malaysia: Was it Different?," NBER Working Papers 8325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sheng, Hsiao-Ching & Tu, Anthony H., 2000. "A study of cointegration and variance decomposition among national equity indices before and during the period of the Asian financial crisis," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 345-365, December.
- Hall, S G, 1989. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Cointegration Vectors: An Example of the Johansen Procedure," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(2), pages 213-218, March.
- Masih, Rumi & Masih, Abul M. M., 2001. "Long and short term dynamic causal transmission amongst international stock markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 563-587, August.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Ethan Kaplan & Dani Rodrik, 2002.
"Did the Malaysian Capital Controls Work?,"
NBER Chapters, in: Preventing Currency Crises in Emerging Markets, pages 393-440,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Ethan & Rodrik, Dani, 2001. "Did the Malaysian Capital Controls Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2754, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ethan Kaplan & Dani Rodrik, 2001. "Did the Malaysian Capital Controls Work?," NBER Working Papers 8142, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Ethan & Rodrik, Dani, 2001. "Did the Malaysian Capital Controls Work?," Working Paper Series rwp01-008, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Johansen, Soren, 1992.
"Testing weak exogeneity and the order of cointegration in UK money demand data,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 313-334, June.
- Johansen, S., 1991. "Testing Weak Exogeneity and the Order of Cointegration in UK Money Demand Data," Papers 78, Helsinki - Department of Economics.
- Bradley Ewing & Shawn Forbes & James Payne, 2003. "The effects of macroeconomic shocks on sector-specific returns," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 201-207.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Shiller, Robert J. & Perron, Pierre, 1985.
"Testing the random walk hypothesis : Power versus frequency of observation,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 381-386.
- Pierre Perron & Robert J. Shiller, 1984. "Testing the Random Walk Hypothesis: Power Versus Frequency of Observation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 732, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller & Pierre Perron, 1985. "Testing the Random Walk Hypothesis: Power versus Frequency of Observation," NBER Technical Working Papers 0045, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S., 1993. "Long-run purchasing power parity during the recent float," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 181-192, February.
- Tsangyao Chang & Chien-Chung Nieh, 2001. "International Transmission of Stock Price Movements among Taiwan and Its Trading Partners: Hong Kong, Japan and the United States," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(04), pages 379-401.
- Huang, Bwo-Nung & Yang, Chin-Wei & Hu, John Wei-Shan, 2000. "Causality and cointegration of stock markets among the United States, Japan and the South China Growth Triangle," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 281-297.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Roca, Eduardo D., 2004. "Do birds of the same feather flock together?: The case of the Chinese states equity markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 281-294, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ugur Ergun & Abu Hassan Shaari Mohd Nor, 2010. "The Stock Market Relationship between Turkey and the United States under Unionisation," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance (AAMJAF), Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 6(2), pages 19-33.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 2006.
"Stock Prices and Bank Loan Dynamics in a Developing Country: The Case of Malaysia,"
Journal of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 71-89, May.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 2006. "Stock prices and bank loan dynamics in a developing country: The case of Malaysia," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 71-89, May.
- Bakri Abdul Karim & M. Shabri Abd. Majid, 2010. "Does trade matter for stock market integration?," Studies in Economics and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(1), pages 47-66, March.
- Mansor H. IBRAHIM, 2006. "International Linkage Of Asean Stock Prices: An Analysis Of Response Asymmetries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(3).
- Zdravkovski, Aleksandar, 2016. "Stock market integration and diversification possibilities during financial crises: Evidence from Balkan countries," MPRA Paper 72182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Somar Almohamad & Anil V. Mishra & Xiao Yu, 2018. "Mena Stock Markets Integration: Pre and Post Global Financial Crisis," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 107-141, June.
- MacDonald, Ronald & Marsh, Ian W., 2004.
"Currency spillovers and tri-polarity: a simultaneous model of the US dollar, German mark and Japanese yen,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 99-111, February.
- MacDonald, Ronald & Marsh, Ian W, 1999. "Currency Spillovers and Tri-Polarity: A Simultaneous Model of the US Dollar, German Mark and Japanese Yen," CEPR Discussion Papers 2210, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mansor H. IBRAHIM, 2007. "The Yen‐Dollar Exchange Rate And Malaysian Macroeconomic Dynamics," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 45(3), pages 315-338, September.
- Banu Demirhan, 2016. "Financial Development and Investment Amount Nexus: A Case Study of Turkey," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(3), pages 127-134, March.
- Ericsson, Neil R & Hendry, David F & Mizon, Grayham E, 1998.
"Exogeneity, Cointegration, and Economic Policy Analysis,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 16(4), pages 370-387, October.
- Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry & Grayham E. Mizon, 1998. "Exogeneity, cointegration, and economic policy analysis," International Finance Discussion Papers 616, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Srinivasan Palamalai & Kalaivani M. & Christopher Devakumar, 2013. "Stock Market Linkages in Emerging Asia-Pacific Markets," SAGE Open, , vol. 3(4), pages 21582440135, November.
- Devi Prasad DASH & Debi Prasad BAL & Manoranjan SAHOO, 2016.
"Nexus between defense expenditure and economic growth in BRIC economies: An empirical investigation,"
Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(606), S), pages 89-102, Spring.
- Dash, Devi Prasad & Bal, Debi Prasad & Sahoo, Manoranjan, 2016. "Nexus between defense expenditure and economic growth in BRIC economies: An empirical investigation," MPRA Paper 77014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abhijit Sharma & Theodore Panagiotidis, 2003. "An Analysis of Exports and Growth in India: Some Empirical Evidence (1971-2001)," Working Papers 2003004, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Nov 2003.
- Buerhan Saiti & Mansur Masih, 2016. "The Co-movement of Selective Conventional and Islamic Stock Indices: Is there any Impact on Shariah Compliant Equity Investment in China?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(4), pages 1895-1905.
- Stefan Norrbin & Kevin Reffett & Yaohua Ji, 1997. "Using a VECM to test exogeneity and forecastability in the PPP condition," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 87-95.
- Bernd Hayo, 1999. "Estimating A European Demand For Money," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 46(3), pages 221-244, August.
- Phengpis, Chanwit, 2006. "Market efficiency and cointegration of spot exchange rates during periods of economic turmoil: Another look at European and Asian currency crises," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 323-342.
- Phouphet Kyophilavong & Gazi Salah Uddin & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2016.
"The Nexus between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR,"
Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 17(2), pages 303-317, April.
- Kyophilavong, Phouphet & Salah Uddin, Gazi & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2014. "The Nexus Between Financial Development and Economic Growth in Lao PDR," MPRA Paper 57308, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jul 2014.
- Chee-Keong Choong & Wai-Ching Poon & Muzafar Shah Habibullah & Zulkornain Yusop, 2003. "The Validity of PPP Theory in ASEAN-Five: Another Look on Cointegration and Panel Data Analysis," International Trade 0309018, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kapoor, Nimisha & Ghosh, Sajal, 2014. "Long-term association between European and Indian markets on carbon credit price," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 656-662.
- Hamdi, Helmi & Sbia, Rashid, 2013.
"Dynamic relationships between oil revenues, government spending and economic growth in an oil-dependent economy,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 118-125.
- Sbia, Rashid & Hamdi, Helmi, 2013. "Dynamic relationships between oil revenues, government spending and economic growth in an oil-dependent economy," MPRA Paper 64150, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Helmi Hamdi & Rashid Sbia, 2013. "Dynamic relationships between oil revenues, government spending and economic growth in an oil-dependent economy," Post-Print halshs-01902776, HAL.
More about this item
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rjapxx:v:11:y:2006:i:4:p:424-443. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/rjap .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/rjap .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.