Forecasting Regional Employment with the ENTROP Method
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Blien, Uwe & Tassinopoulos, Alexandros, 1999. "Forecasting Regional Employment with the ENTROP Method," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa344, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holden, Darryl R & Nairn, Alasdair G M & Swales, J K, 1989. "Shift-Share Analysis of Regional Growth and Policy: A Critique," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 51(1), pages 15-34, February.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, January.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 1975. "Reflections on gravity and entropy models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 203-225, May.
- G. M. Hyman, 1969. "The Calibration of Trip Distribution Models," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 1(1), pages 105-112, June.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- P B Slater, 1992. "Equilibrium and nonequilibrium statistical thermodynamical approaches to modeling spatial interaction dynamics," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(3), pages 441-446, March.
- Zellner, A., 1988. "Optimal Information-Processing And Bayes' Theorem," Papers m8803, Southern California - Department of Economics.
- Oberhofer, Walter & Blien, Uwe & Tassinopoulos, Alexandros, 2000. "Forecasting Regional Employment With A Generalised Extrapolation Method," ERSA conference papers ersa00p170, European Regional Science Association.
- M B Gonçalves & I UIysséa-Neto, 1993. "The development of a new gravity - opportunity model for trip distribution," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(6), pages 817-826, June.
- G M Hyman, 1969. "The calibration of trip distribution models," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 1(1), pages 105-112, January.
- Paul Krugman, 1998. "Space: The Final Frontier," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 161-174, Spring.
- Eileen Appelbaum & Ronald Schettkat, 1994. "The end of full employment? On economic development in industrialized countries," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 29(3), pages 122-130, May.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Blien, Uwe, 1998. "The German wage curve: evidence from the IAB employment sample," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 135-142, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schanne, N. & Wapler, R. & Weyh, A., 2010.
"Regional unemployment forecasts with spatial interdependencies,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 908-926, October.
- Hampel, Katharina & Kunz, Marcus & Schanne, Norbert & Wapler, Rüdiger & Weyh, Antje, 2007. "Regional employment forecasts with spatial interdependencies," IAB Discussion Paper 200702, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Schanne, Norbert & Wapler, Rüdiger & Weyh, Antje, 2008. "Regional unemployment forecasts with spatial interdependencies," IAB Discussion Paper 200828, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Roberto Patuelli & Simonetta Longhi & Aura Reggiani & Peter Nijkamp, 2005. "Multicriteria Analysis of Neural Network Forecasting Models: An Application to German Regional Labour Markets," Experimental 0511001, EconWPA.
- Robert Lehmann & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2014.
"Regional economic forecasting: state-of-the-art methodology and future challenges,"
Economics and Business Letters,
Oviedo University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 218-231.
- Robert Lehmann & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2014. "Regional Economic Forecasting: State-of-the-Art Methodology and Future Challenge," CESifo Working Paper Series 5145, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raymond Struyk & Douglas Wissoker & Ioulia Zaitseva, 2004. "Economic Forecasting for Large Russian Cities," ERSA conference papers ersa04p318, European Regional Science Association.
- Longhi, Simonetta & Nijkamp, Peter, 2006. "Forecasting regional labor market developments under spatial heterogeneity and spatial correlation," Serie Research Memoranda 0015, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp, 2005. "Forecasting Regional Labour Market Developments Under Spatial Heterogeneity and Spatial Autocorrelation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-041/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Katharina Hampel & Marcus Kunz & Norbert Schanne & Ruediger Wapler & Antje Weyh, 2006. "Regional Unemployment Forecasting Using Structural Component Models With Spatial Autocorrelation," ERSA conference papers ersa06p196, European Regional Science Association.
- Longhi, Simonetta & Nijkamp, Peter & Reggiani, Aura & Blien, Uwe, 2002. "Forecasting regional labour markets in Germany: an evaluation of the performance of neural network analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa02p117, European Regional Science Association.
- Simonetta Longhi & Peter Nijkamp, 2007. "Forecasting Regional Labor Market Developments under Spatial Autocorrelation," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 30(2), pages 100-119, April.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional Employment; Forecasting; Regional Labour Markets; Entropy Optimization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:35:y:2001:i:2:p:113-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.