Heterogeneity in returns to schooling: Econometric evidence from Ethiopia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Krishnan, Pramila, 1996.
"Family Background, Education and Employment in Urban Ethiopia,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(1), pages 167-183, February.
- Pramila Krishnan, 1994. "Family background, education and employment in urban Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 1994-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Bauer, Thomas & Dross, Patrick J & Haisken-DeNew, John P, 2002.
"Sheepskin Effects in Japan,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3609, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Dross, Patrick J. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2003. "Sheepskin Effects in Japan," RWI Discussion Papers 5, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Dross, Patrick J. & Haisken-DeNew, John P., 2002. "Sheepskin Effects in Japan," IZA Discussion Papers 593, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1994.
"Returns to investment in education: A global update,"
Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1325-1343, September.
- Psacharopoulos, George, 1993. "Returns to investment in education : a global update," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1067, The World Bank.
- Card, David, 2001.
"Estimating the Return to Schooling: Progress on Some Persistent Econometric Problems,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(5), pages 1127-1160, September.
- David Card, 2000. "Estimating the Return to Schooling: Progress on Some Persistent Econometric Problems," NBER Working Papers 7769, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1977. "Estimating the Returns to Schooling: Some Econometric Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Card, David, 1999. "The causal effect of education on earnings," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 30, pages 1801-1863 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hanjra, Munir A. & Ferede, Tadele & Gutta, Debel Gemechu, 2009. "Reducing poverty in sub-Saharan Africa through investments in water and other priorities," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 96(7), pages 1062-1070, July.
- Bernard, Tanguy & Dercon, Stefan & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2011.
"Beyond fatalism: An empirical exploration of self-efficacy and aspirations failure in Ethiopia,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1101, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bernard, Tanguy & Dercon, Stefan & Taffesse, Alemayehu Seyoum, 2012. "Beyond fatalism: An empirical exploration of self-efficacy and aspirations failure in Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 46, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tanguy Bernard & Stefan Dercon & Alemayehu Seyoum Taffesse, 2011. "Beyond Fatalism - An empirical exploration of self-efficacy and aspirations failure in Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 2011-03, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Darío Maldonado, 2007.
"The Design Of Optimal Education Policies When Individuals Differ In Inheritedwealth And Ability,"
ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA,
BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE, vol. 25(55), pages 84-108, December.
- Dario Maldonado, 2007. "The design of optimal education policies when individuals differ in inherited wealth and ability," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 003975, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Harry Patrinos & Cristobal Ridao-Cano & Chris Sakellariou, 2009. "A note on schooling and wage inequality in the public and private sector," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 383-392, October.
- Samuel Perlo-Freeman & Don J. Webber, 2009. "Basic Needs, Government Debt and Economic Growth," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(6), pages 965-994, June.
- Darío Maldonado, 2008. "Education policies and optimal taxation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 15(2), pages 131-143, April.
- Morrissey Oliver & Kavuma Susan Namirembe & Upward Richard, 2015. "Private Returns to Education for Wage-employees and the Self-employed in Uganda," WIDER Working Paper Series 021, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:474-489 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fasih, Tazeen & Kingdon, Geeta & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Sakellariou, Chris & Soderbom, Mans, 2012. "Heterogeneous returns to education in the labor market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6170, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:41:y:2005:i:8:p:1405-1416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .