Dual Labor Markets And Strategic Efficiency Wage
We consider a dual labor markets model in which the primary sector requires the presence of eMiciency wage, while the secondary sector is competitive. We show that the Solow condition does not hold in a Stackelberg equilibrium where the primary sector acts as a leader and the secondary one as a follower.[J41]
Volume (Year): 17 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RIEJ20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RIEJ20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wauthy, Xavier & Zenou, Yves, 2001.
"How Does Imperfect Competition in the Labor Market Affect Unemployment Policies?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
340, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wauthy, Xavier & Zenou, Yves, 2002. " How Does Imperfect Competition in the Labor Market Affect Unemployment Policies?," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(3), pages 417-36.
- Wauthy, Xavier & Zenou, Yves, 2001. "How Does Imperfect Competition in the Labour Market Affect Unemployment Policies?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2902, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- WAUTHY, Xavier & ZENOU, Yves, . "How does imperfect competition in the labor market affect unemployment policies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1558, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001. "Good Jobs versus Bad Jobs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-21, January.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-1306 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves, 2000.
"A dynamic efficiency wage model with learning by doing,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 99-105, January.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves, 2000. "A dynamic efficiency wage model with learning by doing," MPRA Paper 38513, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-44, June.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Santaella, Julio A., 1998. "Efficiency wages, disinflation and labor mobility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 267-291, February.
- Ramaswamy, Ramana & Rowthorn, Robert E, 1991. "Efficiency Wages and Wage Dispersion," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 501-14, November.
- Faria, Joao Ricardo, 2000. "Supervision and effort in an intertemporal efficiency wage model: the role of the Solow condition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 93-98, April.
- Albrecht, James W. & Vroman, Susan B., 1990.
"Dual Labor Markets, Efficiency Wages, and Search,"
Working Paper Series
267, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986.
"Efficiency Wage Theories: A Partial Evaluation,"
NBER Working Papers
1906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Topel, Robert H, 1986. "Local Labor Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages S111-43, June.
- William M. Boal & Michael R. Ransom, 1997. "Monopsony in the Labor Market," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 86-112, March.
- Marti, Christopher, 1997. "Efficiency wages: combining the shirking and turnover cost models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 327-330, December.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Efficiency wages and the quality of job matching," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 201-217, June.
- Lin, Chung-cheng & Lai, Ching-chong, 1994. "The turnover costs and the Solow condition in an efficiency wage model with intertemporal optimization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 501-505, August.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J., 1998. "Comparison-concave utility and following behaviour in social and economic settings," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 133-155, October.
- Thisse, J.-F. & Zenou, Y., .
"Segmentation et marchés locaux du travail,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1306, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Schmidt-Sorensen, Jan Beyer, 1990. "The equilibrium effort-wage elasticity in efficiency-wage models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 365-369, April.
- Solow, Robert M., 1979. "Another possible source of wage stickiness," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 79-82.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:intecj:v:17:y:2003:i:3:p:99-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.