A dynamic efficiency wage model with learning by doing
We propose a dynamic efficiency wage model with learning by doing. By taking into account the change inthe stock of workers’ knowledge, firms set efficiency wages such that the effort–wage elasticity is not in general equal to one.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Solow, Robert M., 1979. "Another possible source of wage stickiness," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 79-82.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1987. "The Causes and Consequences of the Dependence of Quality on Price," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Ramaswamy, Ramana & Rowthorn, Robert E, 1991. "Efficiency Wages and Wage Dispersion," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 501-14, November.
- Lin, Chung-cheng & Lai, Ching-chong, 1994. "The turnover costs and the Solow condition in an efficiency wage model with intertemporal optimization," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 501-505, August.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Zenou, Yves, 1999. "Efficiency wages and the quality of job matching," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 201-217, June.
- Banerji, Sanjay & Gupta, Manas Ranjan, 1997. "The efficiency wage given long-run employment and concave labor constraint," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 185-195, June.
- Schmidt-Sorensen, Jan Beyer, 1990. "The equilibrium effort-wage elasticity in efficiency-wage models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 365-369, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:38513. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.