Information criteria for GARCH model selection
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sin, Chor-Yiu & White, Halbert, 1996. "Information criteria for selecting possibly misspecified parametric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 207-225.
- Pagan, Adrian R. & Schwert, G. William, 1990.
"Alternative models for conditional stock volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 267-290.
- Adrian R. Pagan & G. William Schwert, 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," NBER Working Papers 2955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagan, A.R. & Schwert, G.W., 1989. "Alternative Models For Conditional Stock Volatility," Papers 89-02, Rochester, Business - General.
- West, Kenneth D. & Cho, Dongchul, 1995.
"The predictive ability of several models of exchange rate volatility,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 367-391, October.
- West, K.D. & Cho, D., 1993. "The Predictive Ability of Several Models of Exchange Rate Volatility," Working papers 9317, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- West, K.D. & Cho, D., 1993. "The Predictive Ability of Several Models of Exchange Rate Volatility," Working papers 9317r, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kenneth D. West & Dongchul Cho, 1994. "The Predictive Ability of Several Models of Exchange Rate Volatility," NBER Technical Working Papers 0152, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Andersen, Torben G & Bollerslev, Tim, 1998. "Answering the Skeptics: Yes, Standard Volatility Models Do Provide Accurate Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 885-905, November.
- Brailsford, Timothy J. & Faff, Robert W., 1996. "An evaluation of volatility forecasting techniques," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 419-438, April.
- Bera, Anil K & Higgins, Matthew L, 1997. "ARCH and Bilinearity as Competing Models for Nonlinear Dependence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(1), pages 43-50, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- WenShwo Fang & Stephen M. Miller & ChunShen Lee, 2008.
"Cross-Country Evidence On Output Growth Volatility: Nonstationary Variance And Garch Models,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(4), pages 509-541, September.
- WenShwo Fang & Stephen M. Miller & ChunShen Lee, 2007. "Cross-Country Evidence on Output Growth Volatility: Nonstationary Variance and GARCH Models," Working papers 2007-20, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2008.
- Bask, Mikael & Widerberg, Anna, 2009.
"Market structure and the stability and volatility of electricity prices,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 278-288, March.
- Bask, Mikael & Widerberg, Anna, 2008. "Market Structure and the Stability and Volatility of Electricity Prices," Working Papers in Economics 327, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Olusanya E. Olubusoye & OlaOluwa S. Yaya, 2016. "Time series analysis of volatility in the petroleum pricing markets: the persistence, asymmetry and jumps in the returns series," OPEC Energy Review, Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, vol. 40(3), pages 235-262, September.
- Frimpong, Joseph Magnus & Oteng-Abayie, Eric Fosu, 2007. "Market Returns and Weak-Form Efficiency: the case of the Ghana Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 7582, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 09 Mar 2008.
- Manera, Matteo & Nicolini, Marcella & Vignati, Ilaria, 2016. "Modelling futures price volatility in energy markets: Is there a role for financial speculation?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 220-229.
- Frimpong, Joseph Magnus & Oteng-Abayie, Eric Fosu, 2006. "Modelling and Forecasting Volatility of Returns on the Ghana Stock Exchange Using GARCH Models," MPRA Paper 593, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Oct 2006.
More about this item
KeywordsAkaike information criterion; Schwarz information criterion; GARCH; high frequency financial data; exchange rate prediction; volatility forecasting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurjfi:v:9:y:2003:i:6:p:557-580. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .