ARCH and Bilinearity as Competing Models for Nonlinear Dependence
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arouri, Mohamed El Hedi & Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Lahiani, Amine & Nguyen, Duc Khuong, 2013.
"On the short- and long-run efficiency of energy and precious metal markets,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 832-844.
- Mohamed El Hedi Arouri & Shawkat Hammoudeh & Duc Khuong Nguyen & Amine Lahiani, 2013. "On the short- and long-run efficiency of energy and precious metal markets," Working Papers hal-00798036, HAL.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L. & Ng, Serena, 1999.
"Testing for ARCH in the presence of a possibly misspecified conditional mean,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 257-279, December.
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & Serena Ng, 1998. "Testing for ARCH in the Presence of a Possibly Misspecified Conditional Mean," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 370, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos, 2010.
"Asymptotic Distribution-Free Diagnostic Tests For Heteroskedastic Time Series Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 744-773, June.
- J. Carlos Escanciano, 2009. "Asymptotic Distribution-Free Diagnostic Tests For Heteroskedastic Time Series Models," CAEPR Working Papers 2009-019, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Department of Economics, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Carlos Escanciano, J., 2008. "Joint and marginal specification tests for conditional mean and variance models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 74-87, March.
- Nankervis, John C. & Savin, N. E., 2010. "Testing for Serial Correlation: Generalized Andrewsâ€“Ploberger Tests," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(2), pages 246-255.
- Ser-Huang Poon & Clive W.J. Granger, 2003. "Forecasting Volatility in Financial Markets: A Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(2), pages 478-539, June.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos & Velasco, Carlos, 2006.
"Testing the martingale difference hypothesis using integrated regression functions,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 2278-2294, December.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano & Carlos Velasco, 2006. "Testing the Martingale Difference Hypothesis Using Integrated Regression Functions," Faculty Working Papers 06/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Blake, Andrew P. & Kapetanios, George, 2007.
"Testing for ARCH in the presence of nonlinearity of unknown form in the conditional mean,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 472-488, April.
- Andrew P. Blake & George Kapetanios, 2003. "Testing for ARCH in the Presence of Nonlinearity of Unknown Form in the Conditional Mean," Working Papers 496, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- El Bouhadi, Abdelhamid & Achibane, Khalid, 2009. "The Predictive Power of Conditional Models: What Lessons to Draw with Financial Crisis in the Case of Pre-Emerging Capital Markets?," MPRA Paper 19482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wasel Shadat, 2011. "On the Nonparametric Tests of Univariate GARCH Regression Models," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 1115, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Chihwa Kao & Yongmiao Hong, 2004. "Detecting Neglected Nonlinearity in Dynamic Panel Data with Time-Varying Conditional Heteroskedasticity," Econometric Society 2004 Far Eastern Meetings 753, Econometric Society.
- repec:wyi:journl:002062 is not listed on IDEAS
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000.
"Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770415.
- Franses,Philip Hans & Dijk,Dick van, 2000. "Non-Linear Time Series Models in Empirical Finance," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521779654.
- Yi-Ting Chen & Chung-Ming Kuan, 2003. "A Generalized Jarque-Bera Test of Conditional Normality," IEAS Working Paper : academic research 03-A003, Institute of Economics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Carlos Velasco & Ignacio N. Lobato, 2004. "A simple and general test for white noise," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 112, Econometric Society.
- Charemza, Wojciech W. & Lifshits, Mikhail & Makarova, Svetlana, 2005.
"Conditional testing for unit-root bilinearity in financial time series: some theoretical and empirical results,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 63-96, January.
- Charemza W.W. & M. Lifshits & S. Makarova, 2002. "Conditional testing for unit-root bilinearity in financial time series: some theoretical and empirical results," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 251, Society for Computational Economics.
- Richard Ashley, 2012.
"On the Origins of Conditional Heteroscedasticity in Time Series,"
Korean Economic Review,
Korean Economic Association, vol. 28, pages 5-25.
- Richard Ashley, 2010. "On the Origins of Conditional Heteroscedasticity in Time Series," Working Papers e07-23, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Ravikumar, B. & Ray, Surajit & Savin, N.E., 1999. "CAPM Reconsidered: A Robust Finite Sample Evaluation," Working Papers 99-04, University of Iowa, Department of Economics.
- Neil Kellard & Denise Osborn & Jerry Coakley & John C. Nankervis & Periklis Kougoulis & Jerry Coakley, 2015.
"Generalized Variance-Ratio Tests in the Presence of Statistical Dependence,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(5), pages 687-705, September.
- Periklis Kougoulis & John C. Nankervis & Jerry Coakley, 2006. "Generalized variance ratio tests in the presence of statistical dependence," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 180, Society for Computational Economics.
- Horowitz, Joel L. & Lobato, I.N. & Nankervis, John C. & Savin, N.E., 2006. "Bootstrapping the Box-Pierce Q test: A robust test of uncorrelatedness," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 133(2), pages 841-862, August.
- Manuel A. Dominguez & Ignacio N. Lobato, 2001. "A Consistent Test for the Martingale Difference Hypothesis," Working Papers 0101, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Chris Brooks & Simon Burke, 2003. "Information criteria for GARCH model selection," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(6), pages 557-580.
- Lee Tae-Hwy, 2001. "Neural Network Test and Nonparametric Kernel Test for Neglected Nonlinearity in Regression Models," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(4), pages 1-15, January.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano, 2006. "Joint Diagnostic Tests for Conditional Mean and Variance Specifications," Faculty Working Papers 02/06, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:15:y:1997:i:1:p:43-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.