Super-efficiency of education institutions: an application to economics departments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Gnewuch, Matthias & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2018. "Super-efficiency of education institutions: an application to economics departments," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 610-623.
- Gnewuch, Matthias & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2018. "Super-efficiency of education institutions: an application to economics departments," Munich Reprints in Economics 62863, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Matthias Gnewuch & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2018. "Super-Efficiency of Education Institutions: An Application to Economics Departments," CESifo Working Paper Series 7013, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- repec:spr:scient:v:86:y:2011:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0280-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Ortega, José Luis & López-Romero, Elena & Fernández, Inés, 2011. "Multivariate approach to classify research institutes according to their outputs: The case of the CSIC's institutes," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 323-332.
- Christian Zimmermann, 2013. "Academic Rankings with RePEc," Econometrics, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(3), pages 1-32, December.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00556 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Worthington, 2001. "An Empirical Survey of Frontier Efficiency Measurement Techniques in Education," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 245-268.
- Aragon, Y. & Daouia, A. & Thomas-Agnan, C., 2005. "Nonparametric Frontier Estimation: A Conditional Quantile-Based Approach," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(02), pages 358-389, April.
- Klaus Wohlrabe & Felix de Moya Anegon & Lutz Bornmann, 2018. "How efficiently produce elite US universities highly cited papers? A case study based on input and output data," ifo Working Paper Series 264, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2006. "Rankings Methodology for International Comparisons of Institutions and Individuals: an Application to Economics in Australia and New Zealand," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 111-156, February.
- Emrouznejad, Ali & Parker, Barnett R. & Tavares, Gabriel, 2008. "Evaluation of research in efficiency and productivity: A survey and analysis of the first 30 years of scholarly literature in DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 151-157, September.
- repec:ags:stataj:229437 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seiler, Christian & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2012.
"Ranking economists on the basis of many indicators: An alternative approach using RePEc data,"
Journal of Informetrics,
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 389-402.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists and Economic Institutions Using RePEc: Some Remarks," ifo Working Paper Series 96, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Christian Seiler & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2011. "Ranking Economists on the Basis of Many Indicators: An Alternative Approach Using RePEc Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 3691, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:spr:scient:v:66:y:2006:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-006-0028-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Klaus Wohlrabe & Elisabeth Friedrich, 2017.
"The efficiency of economics departments reconsidered,"
AccessEcon, vol. 37(3), pages 1602-1611.
- Wohlrabe, Klaus & Friedrich, Elisabeth, 2016. "The efficiency of economics departments reconsidered," MPRA Paper 70123, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Geraint Johnes, 2009. "Beyond frontiers: comparing the efficiency of higher education decision-making units across more than one country," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 59-79.
- Tauchmann, Harald, 2012. "Partial frontier efficiency analysis," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 12(3), pages 1-20.
- Christopher Bruffaerts & Bram De Rock & Catherine Dehon, 2013. "The Research Efficiency of US Universities: a Nonparametric Frontier Modelling Approach," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2013-31, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Breu, Theodore M. & Raab, Raymond L., 1994. "Efficiency and perceived quality of the nation's "top 25" National Universities and National Liberal Arts Colleges: An application of data envelopment analysis to higher education," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 33-45.
- Costas, Rodrigo & Bordons, María, 2007. "The h-index: Advantages, limitations and its relation with other bibliometric indicators at the micro level," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 193-203.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- repec:spr:scient:v:86:y:2011:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-010-0315-4 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jpubli:v:7:y:2019:i:1:p:4-:d:196495 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baumann, Alexendra & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2019.
"Publikationen von Wirtschaftsforschungsinstituten im deutschsprachigen Raum - Eine bibliometrische Analyse
[Publications of Economic Research Insitutes in the German Speaking Area - A bibliometric ," MPRA Paper 92240, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ces:ifosdt:v:71:y:2018:i:15:p:30-34 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:edecon:v:26:y:2018:i:6:p:610-623. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEDE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.