The Role of Labour Market Expectations and Admission Probabilities in Students' Application Decisions on Higher Education: The Case of Hungary
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Julia Varga, 2003. "The Role of Labour Market Expectations and Admission Probabilities in Students' Application Decisions on Higher Education: the case of Hungary," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0308, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1996.
"Eliciting Student Expectations of the Returns to Schooling,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, pages 1-26.
- J. Dominitz & C. F. Manski, "undated". "Eliciting student expectations of the returns to schooling," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1049-94, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1994. "Eliciting Student Expectations of the Returns to Schooling," NBER Working Papers 4936, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeff Dominitz & Charles F. Manski, 1994. "Eliciting Student Expectations Of The Returns To Schooling," Econometrics 9411002, EconWPA.
- Chevalier, Arnaud & Conlon, Gavan, 2003.
"Does It Pay to Attend a Prestigious University?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
848, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arnaud Chevalier & Gavan Conlon, 2003. "Does it pay to attend a prestigious university?," Working Papers 200320, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Chevalier, Arnaud & Conlon, Gavan, 2003. "Does it pay to attend a prestigious university?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19477, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Arnaud Chevalier & Gavan Conlon, 2003. "Does it pay to attend a prestigious university?," CEE Discussion Papers 0033, Centre for the Economics of Education, LSE.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Lucifora, Claudio & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2001.
"The Wage Expectations of European College Students,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2817, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Lucifora, Claudio & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf, 2001. "The Wage Expectations of European College Students," IZA Discussion Papers 299, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Giorgio Brunello & Claudio Lucifora & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer, 2001. "The wage expectations of European college students," Economics working papers 2001-08, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Rochat, Denis & Demeulemeester, Jean-Luc, 2001.
"Rational choice under unequal constraints: the example of Belgian higher education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 15-26, February.
- Jean Luc De Meulemeester & Denis Rochat, 2001. "Rational choice under unequal constraints: the example of Belgian higher education," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1565, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Wolter, Stefan C, 2000. "Wage Expectations: A Comparison of Swiss and US Students," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 51-69.
- Montmarquette, Claude & Cannings, Kathy & Mahseredjian, Sophie, 2002.
"How do young people choose college majors?,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, pages 543-556.
- Montmarquette, C. & Cannings, C. & Mahseredjian,S., 1997. "How do Young People Choose College Majors?," Cahiers de recherche 9719, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Kathy Cannings & Sophie Mahseredjian & Claude Montmarquette, 1997. "How Do Young People Choose College Majors ?," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-38, CIRANO.
- MONTMARQUETTE, Claude & CANNINGS, Kathy & MAHSEREDJIAN, Sophie, 1997. "How do Young People Choose College Majors?," Cahiers de recherche 9719, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Júlia Varga, 2002.
"Earnings Expectations and Higher-education Enrolment Decisions in Hungary,"
Society and Economy,
Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 24(1), pages 121-152, July.
- Julia Varga, 2001. "Earnings Expectations and Higher Education Enrolment Decisions in Hungary," Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market 0110, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Julian R. Betts, 1996. "What Do Students Know about Wages? Evidence from a Survey of Undergraduates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(1), pages 27-56.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mihails Hazans & Ija Trapeznikova, 2006. "Access to Secondary Education in Albania: Incentives, Obstacles, and Policy Spillovers," SSE Riga/BICEPS Research Papers 2006-1, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies (BICEPS);Stockholm School of Economics in Riga (SSE Riga).
- Tomasz Gajderowicz & Gabriela Grotkowska & Jerzy Mycielski & Leszek Wincenciak, 2014. "Social and economic determinants of higher education choices in Poland," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 38.
- Roberto Patuelli & Norbert Schanne & Daniel A. Griffith & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "Persistence Of Regional Unemployment: Application Of A Spatial Filtering Approach To Local Labor Markets In Germany," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 300-323, May.
- Török, Ádám, 2008.
"A mezőny és tükörképei. Megjegyzések a magyar felsőoktatási rangsorok hasznáról és korlátairól
[The field and reflections of it. Comments on the usefulness and limitations of league tables in Hunga," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(10), pages 874-890.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman capital; higher education; field of study; earnings expectations;
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:edecon:v:14:y:2006:i:3:p:309-327. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEDE20 .