Do inter-sectoral flows of services matter for productivity growth? an input/output analysis of OECD countries
This article investigates the impact of technology-intensive services sectors on direct and indirect labour coefficients in a sample of OECD countries. We find that both domestic and imported services contribute to increase productivity. We also find that different service industries (transport, communication, financial, and business services) have a different impact on technological change in non-service sectors classified according to the Pavitt taxonomy.
Volume (Year): 14 (2005)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/GEIN20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/GEIN20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marina Doroshenko & Ian Miles & Dmitry Vinogradov, 2014.
"Knowledge Intensive business services: the Russian experience,"
CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное автономное образовательное учреждение высшего образования «Национальный исследовательский университет «Высшая школа экономики», vol. 8(4 (eng)), pages 24-39.
- Marina Doroshenko & Ian Miles & Dmitry Vinogradov, 2014. "Knowledge Intensive Business Services: The Russian Experience," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 8(4), pages 24-39.
- Vincent Duwicquet & Jacques Mazier & Pascal Petit & Jamel Saadaoui, 2015. "The Future of the Euro," Post-Print hal-01399157, HAL.
- Duwicquet, Vincent & Mazier, Jacques & Petit, Pascal & Saadaoui, Jamel, 2015. "The future of the euro," MPRA Paper 67690, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacques Mazier & Vincent Duwicquet & Jamel Saadaoui & Pascal Petit, 2015. "The future of the euro," Post-Print hal-01367909, HAL.
- Bernard Hoekman & Carlos Braga, 1997. "Protection and Trade in Services: A Survey," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 285-308, July.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Primo Braga, Carlos, 1997. "Protection and Trade in Services: A Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 1705, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Primo Braga, Carlos A., 1997. "Protection and trade in services : a survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1747, The World Bank.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep, 2006. "Measuring Services Trade Liberalization and Its Impact on Economic Growth: An Illustration," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 21, pages 64-98.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Rathindran, Randeep & Subramanian, Arvind, 2001. "Measuring services trade liberalization and its impact on economic growth : an illustration," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2655, The World Bank.
- Grubel, H., 1993. "Producer Services Their Important Role in Growing Economies," Discussion Papers dp93-10, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)