Employment effect of innovation: microdata evidence from Bangladesh and Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Van Reenen, John, 1997. "Employment and Technological Innovation: Evidence from U.K. Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 255-284, April.
- Jose Miguel Benavente & Rodolfo Lauterbach, 2008.
"Technological innovation and employment: complements or substitutes?,"
The European Journal of Development Research,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 318-329.
- José Miguel Benavente & Rodolfo Lauterbach, 2006. "Technological Innovation and Employment: Complements or Substitutes," Working Papers wp221, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Bronwyn Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2009.
"Innovation and productivity in SMEs: empirical evidence for Italy,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 13-33, June.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2008. "Innovation and Productivity in SMEs: Empirical Evidence for Italy," NBER Working Papers 14594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2009. "Innovation and productivity in SMEs. Empirical evidence for Italy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 718, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina, 2014.
"Does innovation stimulate employment? A firm-level analysis using comparable micro-data from four European countries,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 29-43.
- Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu Balanzo, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina, 2008. "Does Innovation Stimulate Employment? A Firm-Level Analysis Using Comparable Micro-Data From Four European Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-111, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Rupert Harrison & Jordi Jaumandreu & Jacques Mairesse & Bettina Peters, 2008. "Does Innovation Stimulate Employment? A Firm-Level Analysis Using Comparable Micro-Data from Four European Countries," NBER Working Papers 14216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacques Mairesse, 2008.
"Employment, innovation, and productivity: evidence from Italian microdata,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 813-839, August.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques & Lotti, Francesca, 2006. "Employment, Innovation, and Productivity: Evidence from Italian Microdata," MERIT Working Papers 043, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2007. "Employment, innovation, and productivity: Evidence from italian microdata," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 622, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2007. "Employment, Innovation, and Productivity: Evidence from Italian Microdata," NBER Working Papers 13296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2006. "Employment, innovation and productivity: evidence from Italian microdata," IFS Working Papers W06/24, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Vincent Duwicquet & Jacques Mazier & Pascal Petit & Jamel Saadaoui, 2015. "The Future of the Euro," Post-Print hal-01399157, HAL.
- Ross, D. R. & Zimmermann, K. F., 1995. "Evaluating reported determinants of labour demand," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 102-102, March.
- Hans Loof & Almas Heshmati, 2006.
"On the relationship between innovation and performance: A sensitivity analysis,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4-5), pages 317-344.
- Lööf, Hans & Heshmati, Almas, 2001. "On the Relationship between Innovation and Performance: A sensitivity Analysis," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 0446, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 01 Oct 2001.
- Vivarelli, Marco, 2007. "Innovation and Employment: A Survey," IZA Discussion Papers 2621, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Blanchflower & Simon Burgess, 1998.
"New Technology And Jobs: Comparative Evidence From A Two Country Study,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2-4), pages 109-138.
- David Blanchflower & Simon Burgess, 1996. "New Technology and Jobs: Comparative Evidence from a Two Country Study," CEP Discussion Papers dp0285, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Koellinger, Ph.D., 2008. "The Relationship between Technology, Innovation, and Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence on E-Business in Europe," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-031-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Smolny, Werner, 1998. "Innovations, Prices and Employment: A Theoretical Model and an Empirical Application for West German Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 359-381, September.
- Paul Geroski & Steve Machin & John Van Reenen, 1993. "The Profitability of Innovating Firms," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(2), pages 198-211, Summer.
- Variyam, Jayachandran N. & Kraybill, David S., 1992. "Empirical evidence on determinants of firm growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 31-36, January.
- Marco Vivarelli, 2015. "Innovation and employment," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 154-154, May.
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O N, 1993. "Employment Growth and Innovation at the Firm Level," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 153-159, May.
- Bogliacino, Francesco & Pianta, Mario, 2010. "Innovation and Employment: a Reinvestigation using Revised Pavitt classes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 799-809, July.
- Tommaso Antonucci & Mario Pianta, 2002. "Employment Effects of Product and Process Innovation in Europe," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 295-307.
- Doms, Mark & Dunne, Timothy & Roberts, Mark J., 1995. "The role of technology use in the survival and growth of manufacturing plants," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 523-542, December.
- Blanchflower, David G & Millward, Neil & Oswald, Andrew J, 1991. "Unionism and Employment Behaviour," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 815-834, July.
More about this item
KeywordsBangladesh; Employment growth; Pakistan; Product innovation; Process innovation Process innovation;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2012-04-23 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SBM-2012-04-23 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TID-2012-04-23 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2012024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.