Employment, Innovation, and Productivity: Evidence from Italian Microdata
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jacques Mairesse, 2008. "Employment, innovation, and productivity: evidence from Italian microdata," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 813-839, August.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2007. "Employment, innovation, and productivity: Evidence from italian microdata," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 622, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2006. "Employment, innovation and productivity: evidence from Italian microdata," IFS Working Papers W06/24, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Mairesse, Jacques & Lotti, Francesca, 2006. "Employment, Innovation, and Productivity: Evidence from Italian Microdata," MERIT Working Papers 2006-043, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
References listed on IDEAS
- Van Reenen, John, 1997. "Employment and Technological Innovation: Evidence from U.K. Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(2), pages 255-284, April.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Productivity and R&D at the Firm Level," NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 100-133, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nathalie Greenan & Dominique Guellec, 2000.
"Technological Innovation and Employment Reallocation,"
CEIS, vol. 14(4), pages 547-590, December.
- Nathalie Greenan & Dominique Guellec, 2000. "Technological Innovation and Employment Reallocation," Post-Print halshs-01133206, HAL.
- Harrison, Rupert & Jaumandreu, Jordi & Mairesse, Jacques & Peters, Bettina, 2005. "Does innovation stimulate employment? A firm-level analysis using comparable micro data on four European countries," MPRA Paper 1245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Blanchflower & Simon Burgess, 1998.
"New Technology And Jobs: Comparative Evidence From A Two Country Study,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2-4), pages 109-138.
- David Blanchflower & Simon Burgess, 1996. "New Technology and Jobs: Comparative Evidence from a Two Country Study," CEP Discussion Papers dp0285, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Peters, Bettina, 2004.
"Employment Effects of Different Innovation Activities: Microeconometric Evidence,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
04-73, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Peters, Bettina, 2005. "Employment Effects of Different Innovation Activities: Microeconometric Evidence," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-73 [rev.], ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Bettina Peters, 2005. "Employment Effects of Different Innovation Activities: Microeconometric Evidence," Development and Comp Systems 0504002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blechinger, Doris & Kleinknecht, Alfred & Licht, Georg & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 1998. "The impact of innovation on employment in Europe: An analysis using CIS data," ZEW Dokumentationen 98-02, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Lachenmaier Stefan & Rottmann Horst, 2007.
"Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 227(3), pages 254-272, June.
- Stefan Lachenmaier & Horst Rottmann, 2006. "Employment Effects of Innovation at the Firm Level," ifo Working Paper Series 27, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Rottmann, Horst & Lachenmaier, Stefan, 2007. "Employment effects of innovation at the firm level," Weidener Diskussionspapiere 3, University of Applied Sciences Amberg-Weiden (OTH).
- Zvi Griliches & Jacques Mairesse, 1981. "Productivity and R and D at the Firm Level," NBER Working Papers 0826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mariacristina Piva & Marco Vivarelli, 2005.
"Innovation and Employment: Evidence from Italian Microdata,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 86(1), pages 65-83, October.
- Piva, Mariacristina & Vivarelli, Marco, 2003. "Innovation and Employment: Evidence from Italian Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 730, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred & Reijnen, Jeroen O N, 1993. "Employment Growth and Innovation at the Firm Level," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 153-159, May.
- Zimmermann, Klaus F, 1991. "The Employment Consequences of Technological Advance, Demand and Labor Costs in 16 German Industries," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 253-266.
- Doms, Mark & Dunne, Timothy & Roberts, Mark J., 1995. "The role of technology use in the survival and growth of manufacturing plants," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 523-542, December.
- Browyn Hall & Francis Kramakz, 1998. "Effects Of Technology And Innovation On Firm Performance, Employment, And Wages," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2-4), pages 99-108.
- Francesca Lotti & Fabiano Schivardi, 2005. "Cross Country Differences in Patent Propensity: A Firm-Level Investigation," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 64(4), pages 469-502, December.
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2007-08-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2007-08-14 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-INO-2007-08-14 (Innovation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:13296. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.