Export expansion, economic growth and causality in China
This paper examines the causality between export expansion and economic growth in China using data covering the period from 1979 to 2001. A model allowing for different orders of integration reveals that they are cointegrated. The results of the error correction model show a bi-directional causality between them, supporting previous findings.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Chou, W. L. & Yu, Eden S. H., 2001.
"Export Duty Rebates and Export Performance: Theory and China's Experience,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 314-326, June.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 2014. "Export Duty Rebates and Export Performance: Theory and China's Experience," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: TRADE-RELATED INVESTMENT MEASURES Theory and Applications, chapter 18, pages 259-272 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Pesaran, M.H. & Shin, Y., 1995. "An Autoregressive Distributed Lag Modelling Approach to Cointegration Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9514, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jordan Shan & Fiona Sun, 1998. "On the export-led growth hypothesis: the econometric evidence from China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 1055-1065.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1995. "Lag Order and Critical Values of the Augmented Dickey-Fuller Test," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 277-80, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:12:y:2005:i:2:p:105-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.