Export expansion, economic growth and causality in China
This paper examines the causality between export expansion and economic growth in China using data covering the period from 1979 to 2001. A model allowing for different orders of integration reveals that they are cointegrated. The results of the error correction model show a bi-directional causality between them, supporting previous findings.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 2014.
"Export Duty Rebates and Export Performance: Theory and China's Experience,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,
in: TRADE-RELATED INVESTMENT MEASURES Theory and Applications, chapter 18, pages 259-272
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Chou, W. L. & Yu, Eden S. H., 2001. "Export Duty Rebates and Export Performance: Theory and China's Experience," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 314-326, June.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1995. "Lag Order and Critical Values of the Augmented Dickey-Fuller Test," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(3), pages 277-80, July.
- Jordan Shan & Fiona Sun, 1998. "On the export-led growth hypothesis: the econometric evidence from China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 1055-1065.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Shin, Y., 1995. "An Autoregressive Distributed Lag Modelling Approach to Cointegration Analysis," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9514, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:12:y:2005:i:2:p:105-107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.