A Simplified Indicator of Social Well-Being in the United States: Examining the Ecological Impact of Family Formation within a County Level Framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lo, Celia C. & Zhong, Hua, 2006. "Linking crime rates to relationship factors: The use of gender-specific data," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 317-329.
- Lynch, J. & Harper, S. & Kaplan, G.A. & Smith, G.D., 2005. "Associations between income inequality and mortality among US states: The importance of time period and source of income data," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 95(8), pages 1424-1430.
- Crepaz, Markus M. L. & Crepaz, Nicole, 2004. "Is Equality Good Medicine? Determinants of Life Expectancy in Industrialized Democracies," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(3), pages 275-298, December.
- Spengler, Hannes & Büttner, Thiess, 2003.
"Local Determinants of Crime: Distinguishing Between Resident and Non-resident Offenders,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
03-13, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Thiess Buettner, 2003. "Local Determinants of Crime: Distinguishing Between Resident and Non-resident Offenders," ERSA conference papers ersa03p396, European Regional Science Association.
- Büttner, Thiess & Spengler, Hannes, 2003. "Local Determinants of Crime: Distinguishing between Resident and Non-resident Offenders," Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics 120, Darmstadt University of Technology, Department of Law and Economics.
- Luc Anselin, 2001. "Spatial Effects in Econometric Practice in Environmental and Resource Economics," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 705-710.
- Linda Waite, 1995. "Does marriage matter?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 32(4), pages 483-507, November.
- Lloyd Potter, 1991. "Socioeconomic Determinants of White and Black Males’ Life Expectancy Differentials, 1980," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 28(2), pages 303-321, May.
- Thomas De Graaff & Raymond J.C.M. Florax & Peter Nijkamp & Aura Reggiani, 2001. "A General Misspecification Test for Spatial Regression Models: Dependence, Heterogeneity, and Nonlinearity," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 255-276, May.
- Porter, Jeremy R. & Purser, Christopher W., 2010. "Social disorganization, marriage, and reported crime: A spatial econometrics examination of family formation and criminal offending," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 942-950, September.
- Paul Voss & David Long & Roger Hammer & Samantha Friedman, 2006. "County child poverty rates in the US: a spatial regression approach," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 25(4), pages 369-391, August.
- Manzoli, Lamberto & Villari, Paolo & M Pirone, Giovanni & Boccia, Antonio, 2007. "Marital status and mortality in the elderly: A systematic review and meta-analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 77-94, January.
- Linda J. Waite & Evelyn L. Lehrer, 2003. "The Benefits from Marriage and Religion in the United States: A Comparative Analysis," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 29(2), pages 255-275, June.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- Noreen Goldman, 1993. "Marriage selection and mortality patterns: Inferences and fallacies," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 30(2), pages 189-208, May.
More about this item
KeywordsFamily; Marriage; Well-being; Social disorganization; County; Spatial analysis; Human development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:108:y:2012:i:3:p:421-440. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.