Social capital and rates of gonorrhea and syphilis in the United States: Spatial regression analyses of state-level associations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:5:819-824_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:12:1936-1939_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kawachi, Ichiro & Kennedy, Bruce P. & Wilkinson, Richard G., 1999. "Crime: social disorganization and relative deprivation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 719-731, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:9:1491-1498_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas, James C. & Clark, Michele & Robinson, Jadis & Monnett, Martha & Kilmarx, Peter H. & Peterman, Thomas A., 1999. "The social ecology of syphilis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(8), pages 1081-1094, April.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:2:230-236_8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1999:89:5:782-785_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lundborg, Petter, 2005. "Social capital and substance use among Swedish adolescents--an explorative study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 1151-1158, September.
- Poortinga, Wouter, 2006. "Social relations or social capital? Individual and community health effects of bonding social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 255-270, July.
- Caughy, Margaret O'Brien & O'Campo, Patricia J. & Muntaner, Carles, 2003. "When being alone might be better: neighborhood poverty, social capital, and child mental health," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 227-237, July.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2003.029413_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lomas, Jonathan, 1998. "Social capital and health: Implications for public health and epidemiology," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(9), pages 1181-1188, November.
- Hean, Sarah & Cowley, Sarah & Forbes, Angus & Griffiths, Peter & Maben, Jill, 2003. "The M-C-M' cycle and social capital," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 1061-1072, March.
- Anselin, Luc & Hudak, Sheri, 1992. "Spatial econometrics in practice : A review of software options," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 509-536, September.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1994:84:5:825-829_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Subramanian, S. V. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Kennedy, Bruce P., 2001. "Does the state you live in make a difference? Multilevel analysis of self-rated health in the US," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 9-19, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Porter, Jeremy R. & Purser, Christopher W., 2010. "Social disorganization, marriage, and reported crime: A spatial econometrics examination of family formation and criminal offending," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 942-950, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial capital Sexually transmitted diseases Spatial regression Sexual mixing Gonorrhea Syphilis USA;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:64:y:2007:i:11:p:2324-2341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.