Do synergies exist in related acquisitions? A meta-analysis of acquisition studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate, 2005. "Does Overconfidence Affect Corporate Investment? CEO Overconfidence Measures Revisited," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 11(5), pages 649-659.
- Gugler, Klaus & Mueller, Dennis C. & Yurtoglu, B. Burcin & Zulehner, Christine, 2003.
"The effects of mergers: an international comparison,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 625-653, May.
- Klaus Gugler & Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu & Christine Zulehner, 2001. "The Effects of Mergers: An International Comparison," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-21, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1990.
" Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 31-48, March.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1989. "Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?," NBER Working Papers 3000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1990. "Do Managerial Objectives Drive Bad Acquisitions?," Scholarly Articles 27693803, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Cassiman, Bruno & Colombo, Massimo & Garrone, Paola & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2003. "Impact of M&A on the R&D process. An empirical analysis of the role of technological and market relatedness, The," IESE Research Papers D/500, IESE Business School.
- Eric Lindenberg & Michael P. Ross, 1999. "To Purchase Or To Pool: Does It Matter?," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 12(2), pages 32-47.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Lucian Bebchuk & Oliver Hart, 2001. "Takeover bids vs. Proxy Fights in Contests for Corporate Control," NBER Working Papers 8633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roll, Richard, 1986. "The Hubris Hypothesis of Corporate Takeovers," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 197-216, April.
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Piero Morosini & Scott Shane & Harbir Singh, 1998. "National Cultural Distance and Cross-Border Acquisition Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 137-158, March.
- Cloodt, Myriam & Hagedoorn, John & Van Kranenburg, Hans, 2006. "Mergers and acquisitions: Their effect on the innovative performance of companies in high-tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 642-654, June.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1980. "Measuring security price performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 205-258, September.
- Pennings, J.M. & Barkema, H.G. & Douma, S.W., 1994. "Organizational learning and diversification," Other publications TiSEM 2cabb122-340f-4729-afb3-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- John A. Doukas & Dimitris Petmezas, 2007. "Acquisitions, Overconfident Managers and Self-attribution Bias," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(3), pages 531-577.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- Slangen, Arjen H.L., 2006. "National cultural distance and initial foreign acquisition performance: The moderating effect of integration," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 161-170, June.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1986. "Rational Choice and the Framing of Decisions," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 251-278, October.
- Ravenscraft, David J. & Scherer, F. M., 1989. "The profitability of mergers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Scanlon, Kevin P & Trifts, Jack W & Pettway, Richard H, 1989. "Impacts of Relative Size and Industrial Relatedness on Returns to Shareholders of Acquiring Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 103-112, Summer.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nils Ellwanger & Ron Boschma, 2013.
"Who acquires whom? The role of geographical proximity and industrial relatedness in Dutch domestic M&As between 2002 and 2008,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
1319, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Oct 2013.
- Ellwanger , Nils & Boschma , Ron, 2014. "Who acquires whom? The role of geographical proximity and industrial relatedness in Dutch domestic M&As between 2002 and 2008," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/30, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Feiqiong Chen & Yao Chen & Fangfang Zhong, 0. "Integration decision-making in technology-sourcing cross-border M&As: a mathematical model," Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-22.
- John S. Marsh & William J. Wales & Fariss-Terry Mousa & Rachel Graefe-Anderson, 2016. "Countermove: how CEOs respond to post-acquisition compensation adjustments," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, pages 711-755.
- Ron Boschma & Emanuela Marrocu & Raffaele Paci, 2016.
"Symmetric and asymmetric effects of proximities. The case of M&A deals in Italy,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 505-535.
- Emanuela Marrocu & Ron Boschma & Raffaele Paci, 2014. "Symmetric and asymmetric effects of proximities. The case of M&A deals in Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa14p76, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:4:d:10.1007_s11575-014-0212-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. N. Bany-Ariffin & Mohamad Hisham & Carl B. McGowan, 2016. "Macroeconomic factors and firm’s cross-border merger and acquisitions," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 40(2), pages 277-298, April.
- Simshauser, Paul & Tian, Yuan & Whish-Wilson, Patrick, 2015. "Vertical integration in energy-only electricity markets," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 35-56.
- John Hagedoorn & Myriam Cloodt, 2012. "Mergers and Acquisitions and Firm Performance," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics and Theory of the Firm, chapter 28 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:comaot:v:23:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10588-016-9241-1 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMergers and acquisitions; Meta-analysis; Business relatedness; Size relatedness; Technological relatedness; Cultural relatedness; Synergies; G34; M19;
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:rvmgts:v:3:y:2009:i:2:p:75-116. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .