The evolving role of agricultural technology indicators and economic growth in rural poverty: has the ideas machine broken down?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davis, K. & Nkonya, E. & Kato, E. & Mekonnen, D.A. & Odendo, M. & Miiro, R. & Nkuba, J., 2012.
"Impact of Farmer Field Schools on Agricultural Productivity and Poverty in East Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 402-413.
- Davis, Kristin & Nkonya, Ephraim & Kato, Edward & Mekonnen, Daniel Ayalew & Odendo, Martins & Miiro, Richard & Nkuba, Jackson, 2010. "Impact of farmer field schools on agricultural productivity and poverty in East Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 992, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Granger, C. W. J., 1988. "Causality, cointegration, and control," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 551-559.
- Dickey, David A & Fuller, Wayne A, 1981. "Likelihood Ratio Statistics for Autoregressive Time Series with a Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(4), pages 1057-1072, June.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- Ding, Shijun & Meriluoto, Laura & Reed, W. Robert & Tao, Dayun & Wu, Haitao, 2011. "The impact of agricultural technology adoption on income inequality in rural China: Evidence from southern Yunnan Province," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 344-356, September.
- Alene, Arega D. & Coulibaly, Ousmane, 2009. "The impact of agricultural research on productivity and poverty in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 198-209, April.
- Asfaw, Solomon & Shiferaw, Bekele & Simtowe, Franklin & Lipper, Leslie, 2012. "Impact of modern agricultural technologies on smallholder welfare: Evidence from Tanzania and Ethiopia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 283-295.
- Mendola, Mariapia, 2007. "Agricultural technology adoption and poverty reduction: A propensity-score matching analysis for rural Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 372-393, June.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Kassie, Menale & Shiferaw, Bekele & Muricho, Geoffrey, 2011. "Agricultural Technology, Crop Income, and Poverty Alleviation in Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1784-1795.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine & Magda Kandil, 2009.
"Trade liberalisation, agricultural productivity and poverty in the Mediterranean region,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine & Magda Kandil, 2008. "Trade Liberalization, Agricultural Productivity and Poverty in the Mediterranean Region," Working Papers 415, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Simtowe, Franklin & Kassie, Menale & Asfaw, Solomon & Shiferaw, Bekele A. & Monyo, Emmanuel & Siambi, Moses, 2012. "Welfare Effects of Agricultural Technology adoption: the case of improved groundnut varieties in rural Malawi," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126761, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Solomon Asfaw & Menale Kassie & Franklin Simtowe & Leslie Lipper, 2012. "Poverty Reduction Effects of Agricultural Technology Adoption: A Micro-evidence from Rural Tanzania," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(9), pages 1288-1305, September.
- Derek Headey & Mohammad Alauddin & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2010. "Explaining agricultural productivity growth: an international perspective," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(1), pages 1-14, January.
- Haitao Wu & Shijun Ding & Sushil Pandey & Dayun Tao, 2010. "Assessing the Impact of Agricultural Technology Adoption on Farmers' Well-being Using Propensity-Score Matching Analysis in Rural China," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 24(2), pages 141-160, June.
- Asep Suryahadi & Gracia Hadiwidjaja & Sudarno Sumarto, 2012. "Economic growth and poverty reduction in Indonesia before and after the asian financial crisis," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(2), pages 209-227, August.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1996.
"Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 601-618, Nov.-Dec..
- James G. MacKinnon, 1995. "Numerical Distribution Functions for Unit Root and Cointegration Tests," Working Papers 918, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Atta Ullah Khan & Abdul Saboor & Ikram Ali & Wasim Shahid Malik & Khalid Mahmood, 2016.
"Urbanization of multidimensional poverty: empirical evidences from Pakistan,"
Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology,
Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 439-469, January.
- Atta Khan & Abdul Saboor & Ikram Ali & Wasim Malik & Khalid Mahmood, 2016. "Urbanization of multidimensional poverty: empirical evidences from Pakistan," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(1), pages 439-469, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural technology; Rural poverty; Economic growth; Cointgration; Pakistan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:qualqt:v:48:y:2014:i:4:p:2007-2022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.