The impact of agricultural research on productivity and poverty in sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thirtle, Colin & Lin, Lin & Piesse, Jenifer, 2003.
"The Impact of Research-Led Agricultural Productivity Growth on Poverty Reduction in Africa, Asia and Latin America,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 1959-1975, December.
- Thirtle, Colin G. & Lin, Lin & Piesse, Jenifer, 2003. "The Impact Of Research Led Agricultural Productivity Growth On Poverty Reduction In Africa, Asia And Latin America," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25834, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Shenggen Fan & Peter Hazell & Sukhadeo Thorat, 2000. "Government Spending, Growth and Poverty in Rural India," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(4), pages 1038-1051.
- Shenggen Fan & Connie Chan-Kang & Keming Qian & K. Krishnaiah, 2005.
"National and international agricultural research and rural poverty: the case of rice research in India and China,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(s3), pages 369-379, November.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie & Qian, Keming & Krishnaiah, K., 2003. "National and international agricultural research and rural poverty: the case of rice research in India and China," EPTD discussion papers 109, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes & Beintema, Nienke M., 1997. "Investments in african agricultural research," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 409-423, March.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K. & Yu, Bingxin, 2004.
"Institutions and agricultural productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 169-180, December.
- Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Perrin, Richard K. & Yu, Bingxin, 2003. "Institutions And Agricultural Productivity In Sub-Sahara Africa," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25818, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Lilyan E. Fulginiti & Richard K. Perrin & Bingxin Yu, 2005. "Institutions and Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," Development and Comp Systems 0502021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tim J. Coelli & D. S. Prasada Rao, 2005.
"Total factor productivity growth in agriculture: a Malmquist index analysis of 93 countries, 1980-2000,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 32(s1), pages 115-134, January.
- Tim J. Coelli & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2003. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agriculture: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 93 Countries,1980-2000," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022003, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Coelli, Tim J. & Prasada Rao, D. S., 2003. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agricultrue: A Malmquist Index Analysis of 93 Countries, 1980-2000," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa: Plenary Sessions 245928, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- A. de Janvry & E. Sadoulet, 2002. "World Poverty and the Role of Agricultural Technology: Direct and Indirect Effects," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 1-26.
- Frisvold, George & Ingram, Kevin, 1995. "Sources of agricultural productivity growth and stagnation in sub-Saharan Africa," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 51-61, October.
- World Bank, 2006. "Africa Development Indicators 2006," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12421.
- Guy Nkamleu, 2004.
"Productivity Growth, Technical Progress and Efficiency Change in African Agriculture,"
African Development Review,
African Development Bank, vol. 16(1), pages 203-222.
- Nkamleu, Guy Blaise, 2003. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress and Efficiency Change in African Agriculture," MPRA Paper 11380, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masters, William A. & Bedingar, Touba & Oehmke, James F., 1998. "The impact of agricultural research in Africa: aggregate and case study evidence," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 19(1-2), pages 81-86, September.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:12419 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maredia, Mywish K. & Byerlee, Derek & Pee, Peter, 2000. "Impacts of food crop improvement research: evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 531-559, October.
More about this item
KeywordsAgricultural research Poverty reduction Rate of return Sub-Saharan Africa;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:34:y:2009:i:2:p:198-209. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.