National and international agricultural research and rural poverty: the case of rice research in India and China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie & Qian, Keming & Krishnaiah, K., 2003. "National and international agricultural research and rural poverty: the case of rice research in India and China," EPTD discussion papers 109, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Datt, Gaurav, 1998. "Poverty in India and Indian states," FCND discussion papers 47, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenggen & Zhang, Linxiu & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2002. "Growth, inequality, and poverty in rural China: the role of public investments," Research reports 125, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenggen & Hazell, P. B. R. & Thorat, Sukhadeo, 1999. "Linkages between government spending, growth, and poverty in rural India:," Research reports 110, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Rosegrant, Mark W. & Hazell, Peter B. R., 2001. "Transforming the rural Asian economy," 2020 vision briefs 69, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hossain, Mahabub, 1988. "Nature and impact of the Green Revolution in Bangladesh:," Research reports 67, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isaac Gershon Kodwo Ansah & Hayford Oduro & Awuah Lartey Osae, 2014. "A Comparative Analysis of Profit Efficiency in Maize and Cowpea Production in the Ejura Sekyedumase District of the Ashanti Region, Ghana," Research in Applied Economics, Macrothink Institute, vol. 6(4), pages 106-125, December.
- Arega D. Alene & Abebe Menkir & S. O. Ajala & B. Badu-Apraku & A. S. Olanrewaju & V. M. Manyong & Abdou Ndiaye, 2009. "The economic and poverty impacts of maize research in West and Central Africa," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(5), pages 535-550, September.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Koo, Bonwoo & Nottenburg, Carol, 2004. "Creating, Protecting, And Using Crop Biotechnologies Worldwide In An Era Of Intellectual Property," Staff Papers 13600, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Haggblade, Steven, 2007. "Returns to Investment in Agriculture," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 54625, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- You, Liangzhi, 2012.
"A tale of two countries: Spatial and temporal patterns of rice productivity in China and Brazil,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 690-703.
- You, Liangzhi, 2008. "A Tale of Two Countries: Spatial and Temporal Patterns of Rice Productivity in China and Brazil," WIDER Working Paper Series 030, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- You, Liangzhi, 2008. "A tale of two countries: Spatial and temporal patterns of rice productivity in China and Brazil," IFPRI discussion papers 758, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Richard Grabowski, 2011. "The evolution of the state and taxation: role of agriculture," International Journal of Development Issues, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 188-203, September.
- Yu, Bingxin & Chen, Kevin Z. & Zhang, Haisen, 2014. "Aligning public expenditure for agricultural development priorities under rapid transformation: The case of China:," IFPRI discussion papers 1397, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Mozumdar, Lavlu & Islam, Mohammad & Saha, Sumitra, 2012. "Genetically modified organisms and sustainable crop production: A critical review," Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh Agricultural University Research System (BAURES), vol. 10.
- Pandey, Sushil & Pal, Suresh, 2007. "Are less-favored environments over-invested? The case of rice research in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 606-623.
- Alene, Arega D. & Coulibaly, Ousmane, 2009. "The impact of agricultural research on productivity and poverty in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 198-209, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:agecon:v:33:y:2005:i:s3:p:369-379. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.