The Weak Sequential Core for Two-Period Economies
We adapt the core concept to deal with economies in which trade in assets takes place at period 1, uncertainty about asset payoffs is released at period 2, and agents trade in commodities afterwards. We define the weak sequential core as the set of allocations that are stable against coalitional deviations ex ante, and moreover cannot be improved upon by any coalition once the uncertainty is being released. We restrict ourselves to credible deviations, i.e. coalitional deviations at period 1 that cannot be counterblocked by some subcoalition at period 2. We study the relationship of the resulting core concept with other sequential core concepts, give sufficient conditions under which the weak sequential core is non-empty, but show that it is possible to give reasonable examples where it is empty.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/economic+theory/journal/182/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gale, Douglas, 1978. "The core of a monetary economy without trust," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 456-491, December.
- Becker, Robert A & Chakrabarti, Subir K, 1995. "The Recursive Core," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(2), pages 401-23, March.
- Predtetchinski, Arkadi & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques & Peters, Hans, 2002.
"The strong sequential core for two-period economies,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 465-482, December.
- P.J.J. Herings & H. Peeters, 2001. "The Strong Sequential Core for Two-period Economies," Microeconomics 0111002, EconWPA.
- Predtetchinski,Arkadi & Herings,Jean-Jacques, 2001. "The Strong Sequential Core for Two-period Economies," Research Memorandum 005, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Ray, Debraj, 1989. "Credible Coalitions and the Core," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 18(2), pages 185-87.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jogath:v:34:y:2006:i:1:p:55-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.