The Degree Measure as Utility Function over Positions in Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Trockel, Walter, 1992.
"An Alternative Proof for the Linear Utility Representation Theorem,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 2(2), pages 298-302, April.
- Trockel, Walter, 2017. "An alternative proof for the linear utility representation theorem," Center for Mathematical Economics Working Papers 197, Center for Mathematical Economics, Bielefeld University.
- Gert Sabidussi, 1966. "The centrality index of a graph," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 31(4), pages 581-603, December.
- A. van den Nouweland & P. Borm & W. van Golstein Brouwers & R. Groot Bruinderink & S. Tijs, 1996.
"A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication,"
INFORMS, vol. 42(2), pages 294-303, February.
- van den Nouweland, A. & Borm, P. & van Golstein, W. & Bruinderink, R.G. & Tijs, S., 1994. "A Game Theoretic Approach to Problems in Telecommunication," Papers 9407, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- van den Nouweland, C.G.A.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & van Golstein Brouwers, W. & Groot Bruinderink, R. & Tijs, S.H., 1996. "A game theoretic approach to problems in telecommunication," Other publications TiSEM a3b30529-fe17-484c-8eab-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Maniquet, Francois, 2003.
"A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 90-103, March.
- Maniquet, F., 2000. "A Characterization of the Shapley Value in Queueing Problems," Papers 222, Notre-Dame de la Paix, Sciences Economiques et Sociales.
- MANIQUET, FranÃ§ois, 2003. "A characterization of the Shapley value in queueing problems," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1662, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- van den Brink, René & González-Arangüena, Enrique & Manuel, Conrado & del Pozo, Mónica, 2014.
"Order monotonic solutions for generalized characteristic functions,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 786-796.
- René van den Brink & Enrique González-Aranguena & Conrado Manuel & Mónica del Pozo, 2013. "Order Monotonic Solutions for Generalized Characteristic Functions," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-093/II, Tinbergen Institute.
- Demange, Gabrielle, 2014.
"A ranking method based on handicaps,"
Econometric Society, vol. 9(3), September.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2013. "A ranking method based on handicaps," PSE Working Papers halshs-00687180, HAL.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2014. "A ranking method based on handicaps," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01109087, HAL.
- Gabrielle Demange, 2014. "A Ranking Method Based on Handicaps," CESifo Working Paper Series 4636, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ignacio Palacios-Huerta & Oscar Volij, 2004.
"The Measurement of Intellectual Influence,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(3), pages 963-977, May.
- Ignacio Palacios-Huerta & Oscar Volij, 2002. "The Measurement of Intellectual Influence," Economic theory and game theory 015, Oscar Volij.
- Volij, Oscar & Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio, 2004. "The Measurment of Intellectual Influence," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10797, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Neuefeind, Wilhelm & Trockel, Walter, 1995.
"Continuous Linear Representability of Binary Relations,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 6(2), pages 351-356, July.
- Wilhelm Neuefeind & Walter Trockel, 1994. "Continuous Linear Representability of Binary Relations," Game Theory and Information 9405002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dequiedt, Vianney & Zenou, Yves, 2014.
"Local and Consistent Centrality Measures in Networks,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
10031, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zenou, Yves & Dequiedt, Vianney, 2014. "Local and Consistent Centrality Measures in Networks," Research Papers in Economics 2014:4, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Mitri Kitti, 2016. "Axioms for centrality scoring with principal eigenvectors," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 46(3), pages 639-653, March.
- Trockel, Walter, 1989. "Classification of budget-invariant monotonic preferences," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 7-10.
- Pradeep Dubey & Lloyd S. Shapley, 1979. "Mathematical Properties of the Banzhaf Power Index," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 4(2), pages 99-131, May.
- Gomez, Daniel & Gonzalez-Aranguena, Enrique & Manuel, Conrado & Owen, Guillermo & del Pozo, Monica & Tejada, Juan, 2003. "Centrality and power in social networks: a game theoretic approach," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 27-54, August.
- Nowak Andrzej S. & Radzik Tadeusz, 1994. "The Shapley Value for n-Person Games in Generalized Characteristic Function Form," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 150-161, January.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:48:y:1954:i:03:p:787-792_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bouyssou, Denis, 1992. "Ranking methods based on valued preference relations: A characterization of the net flow method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 61-67, July.
- van den Brink, René & Gilles, Robert P., 2009.
"The outflow ranking method for weighted directed graphs,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 484-491, March.
- René van den Brink & Robert P. Gilles, 0000. "The Outflow Ranking Method for Weighted Directed Graphs," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-044/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Leo Katz, 1953. "A new status index derived from sociometric analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 18(1), pages 39-43, March.
- Bouyssou, D. & Perny, P., 1992. "Ranking methods for valued preference relations : A characterization of a method based on leaving and entering flows," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(1-2), pages 186-194, August.
More about this item
KeywordsWeighted network; network centrality; utility function; degree centrality; von Neumann-Morgenstern expected utility function; cooperative TU-game; weighted directed network.;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- C02 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Mathematical Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2017-07-30 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2017-07-30 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SOC-2017-07-30 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-UPT-2017-07-30 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20170065. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.