The Length of Working Life in Spain: Levels, Recent Trends, and the Impact of the Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2006.
"Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2003. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," Working Papers 137, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Guell, Maia & Manning, Alan, 2004. "Gender gaps in unemployment rates in OECD countries," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19995, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Azmat, Ghazala & Güell, Maia & Manning, Alan, 2004. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 4307, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ghazala Azmat & Maia Güell & Alan Manning, 2004. "Gender Gaps in Unemployment Rates in OECD Countries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0607, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Zoltan Butt & Steven Haberman & Richard Verrall & Victoria Wass, 2008. "Calculating compensation for loss of future earnings: estimating and using work life expectancy," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(4), pages 763-805, October.
- Samuel Bentolila & Juan Dolado & Juan Jimeno, 2012.
"Reforming an insider-outsider labor market: the Spanish experience,"
IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-29, December.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Dolado, Juan J. & Jimeno, Juan F., 2011. "Reforming an Insider-Outsider Labor Market: The Spanish Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 6186, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bentolila, Samuel & Jimeno, Juan Francisco. & Dolado, Juan José, 2012. "Reforming an Insider-Outsider Labor Market: The Spanish Experience," Working Papers 2012-01, FEDEA.
- Samuel Bentolila & Juan J. Dolado & Juan F. Jimeno, 2011. "Reforming an Insider-Outsider Labor Market: The Spanish Experience," Working Papers wp2011_1106, CEMFI.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Dolado, Juan J. & Jimeno, Juan F, 2011. "Reforming an Insider-Outsider Labor Market: The Spanish Experience," CEPR Discussion Papers 8691, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Samuel Bentolila & Juan Jose Dolado & Juan F. Jimeno, 2011. "Reforming an Insider-Outsider Labor Market: The Spanish Experience," CESifo Working Paper Series 3670, CESifo.
- Gary Skoog & James Ciecka, 2010. "Measuring years of inactivity, years in retirement, time to retirement, and age at retirement within the Markov model," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(3), pages 609-628, August.
- Christian Dudel & Mikko Myrskylä, 2016. "Recent trends in US working life expectancy at age 50 by gender, education, and race/ethnicity and the impact of the Great Recession," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2016-006, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Rebollo-Sanz, Yolanda, 2012. "Unemployment insurance and job turnover in Spain," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 403-426.
- Oesch, Daniel & Rodriguez Menes, Jorge, 2010. "Upgrading or polarization? Occupational change in Britain, Germany, Spain and Switzerland, 1990-2008," MPRA Paper 21040, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juan Jimeno & Tano Santos, 2014. "The crisis of the Spanish economy," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 125-141, August.
- Yee, Thomas W., 2010. "The VGAM Package for Categorical Data Analysis," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 32(i10).
- Mark D. Hayward & Daniel T. Lichter, 1998. "A Life Cycle Model of Labor Force Inequality," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 26(4), pages 487-510, May.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Nieswiadomy, Michael & Ryu, Hang & Slottje, Daniel, 2003. "Estimating worklife expectancy: an econometric approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 83-113, March.
- Juan J. Dolado & Marcel Jansen & Florentino Felgueroso & Andrés Fuentes & Anita Wölfl, 2013. "Youth Labour Market Performance in Spain and its Determinants: A Micro-Level Perspective," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1039, OECD Publishing.
- O'Higgins, Niall, 2012. "This Time It's Different? Youth Labour Markets During 'The Great Recession'," IZA Discussion Papers 6434, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Congregado, Emilio & Golpe, Antonio A. & van Stel, André, 2011. "Exploring the big jump in the Spanish unemployment rate: Evidence on an 'added-worker' effect," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1099-1105, May.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F., 2000.
"Youth labour markets in Spain: Education, training, and crowding-out,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 943-956, May.
- Jimeno,Juan F. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Dolado, Juan José, 1999. "Youth labour markets in Spain: education, training and crowding-out," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6169, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Daniel L. Millimet & Michael Nieswiadomy & Daniel Slottje, 2010. "Detailed Estimation Of Worklife Expectancy For The Measurement Of Human Capital: Accounting For Marriage And Children," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(2), pages 339-361, April.
- Markku M. Nurminen & Christopher R. Heathcote & Brett A. Davis & Borek D. Puza, 2005. "Working life expectancies: the case of Finland 1980–2006," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(3), pages 567-581, July.
- Imai, Kosuke & Soneji, Samir, 2007. "On the Estimation of Disability-Free Life Expectancy: Sullivan's Method and Its Extension," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 1199-1211, December.
- Alfonso R. Sanchez Martín & Virginia SanchezMarcos, 2010.
"Demographic Change and Pension Reform in Spain: An Assessment in a Two-Earner, OLG Model,"
Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 31(3), pages 405-452, September.
- Alfonso R. Sánchez Martín & Virginia Sánchez Marcos, 2009. "Demographic Change and Pension Reform in Spain: An Assessment in a Two-Earner, OLG Model," Working Papers 2009-40, FEDEA.
- Crimmins, Eileen M. & Saito, Yasuhiko, 2001. "Trends in healthy life expectancy in the United States, 1970-1990: gender, racial, and educational differences," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(11), pages 1629-1641, June.
- David N. F. Bell & David G. Blanchflower, 2011. "Young people and the Great Recession," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 241-267.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariona Lozano & Elisenda Rentería, 2019. "Work in Transition: Labour Market Life Expectancy and Years Spent in Precarious Employment in Spain 1986–2016," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 185-200, August.
- Queiroz, Bernardo L & Ferreira, Matheus L.A., 2018. "The Evolution of the Elderly Labor Force Participation and Retirement in Brazil," OSF Preprints db54h, Center for Open Science.
- Angelo Lorenti & Christian Dudel & Mikko Myrskylä, 2019. "The Legacy of the Great Recession in Italy: A Wider Geographical, Gender, and Generational Gap in Working Life Expectancy," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 283-303, February.
- Simon Colnar & Vlado Dimovski & David Bogataj, 2019. "Knowledge Management and the Sustainable Development of Social Work," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-20, November.
More about this item
KeywordsGreat Recession; Length of working life; Multistate life table; Spain; Sullivan’s method; Working life expectancy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:eurpop:v:34:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s10680-017-9458-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.