The legacy of the great recession in Italy: a wider geographical, gender, and generational gap in working life expectancy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francesco C. Billari & Guido Tabellini, 2010. "Italians Are Late: Does It Matter?," NBER Chapters,in: Demography and the Economy, pages 371-412 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valeria Cirillo & Marta Fana & Dario Guarascio, 2017.
"Labour market reforms in Italy: evaluating the effects of the Jobs Act,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics,
Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 34(2), pages 211-232, August.
- Marta Fana & Dario Guarascio & Valeria Cirillo, 2015. "Labour market reforms in Italy: evaluating the effects of the Jobs Act," LEM Papers Series 2015/31, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Niall O’Higgins, 2011. "Italy: Limited Policy Responses and Industrial Relations in Flux, Leading to Aggravated Inequalities," Chapters,in: Work Inequalities in the Crisis, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Alfonso ARPAIA & Nicola CURCI, "undated".
"EU labour market behaviour during the Great Recession,"
wp2010-6, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Nicola Curci, 2010. "EU labour market behaviour during the Great Recession," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 405, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Arpaia, Alfonso & Curci, Nicola, 2010. "EU labour market behaviour during the Great Recession," MPRA Paper 22393, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0619-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zoltan Butt & Steven Haberman & Richard Verrall & Victoria Wass, 2008. "Calculating compensation for loss of future earnings: estimating and using work life expectancy," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(4), pages 763-805, October.
- Michael D. Giandrea & Kevin E. Cahill & Joseph F. Quinn, 2007. "Bridge Jobs: A Comparison across Cohorts," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 670, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 22 Dec 2008.
- Raffaele Lagravinese, 2015. "Economic crisis and rising gaps North–South: evidence from the Italian regions," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 8(2), pages 331-342.
- Kevin E. Cahill & Michael D. Giandrea & Joseph F. Quinn, 2005.
"Are Traditional Retirements a Thing of the Past? New Evidence on Retirement Patterns and Bridge Jobs,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
626, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kevin E. Cahill & Michael D. Giandrea & Joseph F. Quinn, 2005. "Are Traditional Retirements a Thing of the Past? New Evidence on Retirement Patterns and Bridge Jobs," Working Papers 384, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Chiara Mussida & Dario Sciulli, 2016. "The trend over time of labour market opportunities for young people in Italy," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(2), pages 291-321, August.
- David Warner & Mark Hayward & Melissa Hardy, 2010. "The Retirement Life Course in America at the Dawn of the Twenty-First Century," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(6), pages 893-919, December.
- Taylor, Jim & Bradley, Steve, 1997. "Unemployment in Europe: A Comparative Analysis of Regional Disparities in Germany, Italy and the UK," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 221-245.
- Ulrike Muehlberger & Silvia Pasqua, 2009.
"Workers on the Border between Employment and Self-employment,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 67(2), pages 201-228.
- Ulrike Muehlberger & Silvia Pasqua, 2006. "Workers on the Border between Employment and Self-employment," ICER Working Papers 11-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Nieswiadomy, Michael & Ryu, Hang & Slottje, Daniel, 2003. "Estimating worklife expectancy: an econometric approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 83-113, March.
- Conchita D'Ambrosio & Nicholas Rohde, 2014. "The Distribution of Economic Insecurity: Italy and the U.S. over the Great Recession," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S1), pages 33-52, May.
- O'Higgins, Niall, 2012. "This Time It's Different? Youth Labour Markets During 'The Great Recession'," IZA Discussion Papers 6434, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Danielle Venn, 2012. "Eligibility Criteria for Unemployment Benefits: Quantitative Indicators for OECD and EU Countries," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 131, OECD Publishing.
- Fabio R Arico & Ulrike Stein, 2012. "Was Short-Time Work a Miracle Cure During the Great Recession? The Case of Germany and Italy," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 54(2), pages 275-297, June.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:60:y:2014:i::p:s33-s52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Agar Brugiavini, 1998. "An Empirical Analysis of Interfirm Mobility in Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 57(1), pages 1-34, April.
- David N. F. Bell & David G. Blanchflower, 2011. "Young people and the Great Recession," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 241-267.
- Yee, Thomas W., 2010. "The VGAM Package for Categorical Data Analysis," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 32(i10).
- Brugiavini, Agar, 2001. "Early retirement in Europe," European Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 501-515, October.
- Palme, Joakim, 2013. "Unemployment Benefits in EU Member States," Working Paper Series, Center for Labor Studies 2013:15, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsWorking life expectancy; Great recession; Italy; Financial crisis; Working life table; Multistate life table;
- N0 - Economic History - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2018-06-18 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-DEM-2018-06-18 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2018-06-18 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:88302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsepsuk.html .