The Legacy of the Great Recession in Italy: A Wider Geographical, Gender, and Generational Gap in Working Life Expectancy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Hayward & William Grady, 1990. "Work and Retirement Among a Cohort of Older Men in the United States, 1966–1983," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 27(3), pages 337-356, August.
- Valeria Cirillo & Marta Fana & Dario Guarascio, 2017.
"Labour market reforms in Italy: evaluating the effects of the Jobs Act,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics,
Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 34(2), pages 211-232, August.
- Marta Fana & Dario Guarascio & Valeria Cirillo, 2015. "Labour market reforms in Italy: evaluating the effects of the Jobs Act," LEM Papers Series 2015/31, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Niall O’Higgins, 2011. "Italy: Limited Policy Responses and Industrial Relations in Flux, Leading to Aggravated Inequalities," Chapters,in: Work Inequalities in the Crisis, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:eurpop:v:34:y:2018:i:5:d:10.1007_s10680-017-9458-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0619-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zoltan Butt & Steven Haberman & Richard Verrall & Victoria Wass, 2008. "Calculating compensation for loss of future earnings: estimating and using work life expectancy," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(4), pages 763-805, October.
- Michael D. Giandrea & Kevin E. Cahill & Joseph F. Quinn, 2007. "Bridge Jobs: A Comparison across Cohorts," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 670, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 22 Dec 2008.
- Raffaele Lagravinese, 2015. "Economic crisis and rising gaps North–South: evidence from the Italian regions," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 8(2), pages 331-342.
- Kevin E. Cahill & Michael D. Giandrea & Joseph F. Quinn, 2005.
"Are Traditional Retirements a Thing of the Past? New Evidence on Retirement Patterns and Bridge Jobs,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
626, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Kevin E. Cahill & Michael D. Giandrea & Joseph F. Quinn, 2005. "Are Traditional Retirements a Thing of the Past? New Evidence on Retirement Patterns and Bridge Jobs," Working Papers 384, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Chiara Mussida & Dario Sciulli, 2016. "The trend over time of labour market opportunities for young people in Italy," Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics, Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(2), pages 291-321, August.
- David Warner & Mark Hayward & Melissa Hardy, 2010. "The Retirement Life Course in America at the Dawn of the Twenty-First Century," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(6), pages 893-919, December.
- Taylor, Jim & Bradley, Steve, 1997. "Unemployment in Europe: A Comparative Analysis of Regional Disparities in Germany, Italy and the UK," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 221-245.
- Ulrike Muehlberger & Silvia Pasqua, 2009.
"Workers on the Border between Employment and Self-employment,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 67(2), pages 201-228.
- Ulrike Muehlberger & Silvia Pasqua, 2006. "Workers on the Border between Employment and Self-employment," ICER Working Papers 11-2006, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Millimet, Daniel L. & Nieswiadomy, Michael & Ryu, Hang & Slottje, Daniel, 2003. "Estimating worklife expectancy: an econometric approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 83-113, March.
- Conchita D'Ambrosio & Nicholas Rohde, 2014. "The Distribution of Economic Insecurity: Italy and the U.S. over the Great Recession," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 60(S1), pages 33-52, May.
- Gary Skoog & James Ciecka, 2010. "Measuring years of inactivity, years in retirement, time to retirement, and age at retirement within the Markov model," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(3), pages 609-628, August.
- O'Higgins, Niall, 2012. "This Time It's Different? Youth Labour Markets During 'The Great Recession'," IZA Discussion Papers 6434, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Markku M. Nurminen & Christopher R. Heathcote & Brett A. Davis & Borek D. Puza, 2005. "Working life expectancies: the case of Finland 1980–2006," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(3), pages 567-581, July.
- Fabio R Arico & Ulrike Stein, 2012. "Was Short-Time Work a Miracle Cure During the Great Recession? The Case of Germany and Italy," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 54(2), pages 275-297, June.
- repec:bla:revinw:v:60:y:2014:i::p:s33-s52 is not listed on IDEAS
- David N. F. Bell & David G. Blanchflower, 2011. "Young people and the Great Recession," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 241-267.
- Yee, Thomas W., 2010. "The VGAM Package for Categorical Data Analysis," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 32(i10).
- Brugiavini, Agar, 2001. "Early retirement in Europe," European Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(04), pages 501-515, October.
- Dudel, Christian & López Gómez, María Andrée & Benavides, Fernando G. & Myrskylä, Mikko, 2018. "The length of working life in Spain: levels, recent trends, and the impact of the financial crisis," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86990, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsWorking life expectancy; Great recession; Italy; Financial crisis; Working life table; Multistate life table;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:142:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-018-1910-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.