Contract farming and the adoption of climate change coping and adaptation strategies in the northern region of Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeanne Y. Coulibaly & Glwadys A. Gbetibouo & Godfrey Kundhlande & Gudeta W. Sileshi & Tracy L. Beedy, 2015. "Responding to Crop Failure: Understanding Farmers’ Coping Strategies in Southern Malawi," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-17, February.
- Johann Kirsten & Kurt Sartorius, 2002.
"Linking agribusiness and small-scale farmers in developing countries: Is there a new role for contract farming?,"
Development Southern Africa,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 503-529.
- Kirsten, Johann F. & Sartorius, Kurt, 2002. "Linking Agribusiness And Small-Scale Farmers In Developing Countries: Is There A New Role For Contract Farming?," Working Papers 18025, University of Pretoria, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development.
- Warning, Matthew & Key, Nigel, 2002. "The Social Performance and Distributional Consequences of Contract Farming: An Equilibrium Analysis of the Arachide de Bouche Program in Senegal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 255-263, February.
- Christoph Saenger & Matin Qaim & Maximo Torero & Angelino Viceisza, 2013.
"Contract farming and smallholder incentives to produce high quality: experimental evidence from the Vietnamese dairy sector,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(3), pages 297-308, May.
- Saenger, Christoph & Qaim, Matin & Torero, Maximo & Viceisza, Angelino, 2012. "Contract farming and smallholder incentives to produce high quality: experimental evidence from the Vietnamese dairy sector," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126430, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Saenger, Christoph & Qaim, Matin & Torero, Maximo & Viceisza, Angelino, 2012. "Contract farming and smallholder incentives to produce high quality: experimental evidence from the Vietnamese dairy sector," GlobalFood Discussion Papers 122614, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Foltz, Jeremy D, 2003.
"The Economics of Water-Conserving Technology Adoption in Tunisia: An Empirical Estimation of Farmer Technology Choice,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 359-373, January.
- Foltz, Jeremy D, 2003. "The Economics of Water-Conserving Technology Adoption in Tunisia: An Empirical Estimation of Farmer Technology Choice," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 359-373, January.
- Simtowe, Franklin & Zeller, Manfred, 2006.
"The Impact of Access to Credit on the Adoption of hybrid maize in Malawi: An Empirical test of an Agricultural Household Model under credit market failure,"
45, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simtowe, Franklin & Zeller, Manfred, 2008. "The Impact of Access to Credit on the Adoption of hybrid maize in Malawi: An Empirical test of an Agricultural Household Model under credit market failure," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52076, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Masakure, Oliver & Henson, Spencer, 2005. "Why do small-scale producers choose to produce under contract? Lessons from nontraditional vegetable exports from Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1721-1733, October.
- Barrett, Christopher B. & Bachke, Maren E. & Bellemare, Marc F. & Michelson, Hope C. & Narayanan, Sudha & Walker, Thomas F., 2012. "Smallholder Participation in Contract Farming: Comparative Evidence from Five Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 715-730.
- Isaac Maina Kariuki & Jens‐Peter Loy, 2016. "Contractual Farming Arrangements, Quality Control, Incentives, and Distribution Failure in Kenya's Smallholder Horticulture: A Multivariate Probit Analysis," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(4), pages 547-562, November.
- Nigel Key & William McBride, 2003. "Production Contracts and Productivity in the U.S. Hog Sector," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(1), pages 121-133.
- Bellemare, Marc F., 2015. "Contract Farming: What’s In It for Smallholder Farmers in Developing Countries?," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1-4, September.
- Wuepper, David & Sauer, Johannes, 2016. "Explaining the performance of contract farming in Ghana: The role of self-efficacy and social capital," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 11-27.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2009.
"Impact of Contract Farming on Income: Linking Small Farmers, Packers, and Supermarkets in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1781-1790, November.
- Miyata, Sachiko & Minot, Nicholas & Hu, Dinghuan, 2007. "Impact of contract farming on income: Linking small farmers, packers, and supermarket in China," IFPRI discussion papers 742, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Narayanan, Sudha, 2014. "Profits from participation in high value agriculture: Evidence of heterogeneous benefits in contract farming schemes in Southern India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 142-157.
- repec:eee:enscpo:v:55:y:2016:i:p1:p:208-217 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bingen, Jim & Serrano, Alex & Howard, Julie, 2003. "Linking farmers to markets: different approaches to human capital development," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 405-419, August.
- Greene, William, 1998. "Sample selection in credit-scoring models1," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 299-316, July.
- Bharat Ramaswami & Pratap Singh Birthal & P.K. Joshi, 2009. "Grower heterogeneity and the gains from contract farming: The case of Indian poultry," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 56-74, April.
- Saleemul Huq & Hannah Reid & Mama Konate & Atiq Rahman & Youba Sokona & Florence Crick, 2004. "Mainstreaming adaptation to climate change in Least Developed Countries (LDCs)," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 25-43, March.
- S. Freguin-Gresh & M. d'Haese & W. Anseeuw, 2012. "Demythifying contract farming: Evidence from rural South Africa," Agrekon, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(3), pages 24-51, September.
- Freguin-Gresh, Sandrine & Anseeuw, Ward & D'Haese, Marijke F.C., 2012. "Demythifying Contract Farming: Evidence from Rural South Africa," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126567, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alexander P. Helling & David S. Conner & Sarah N. Heiss & Linda S. Berlin, 2015. "Economic Analysis of Climate Change Best Management Practices in Vermont Agriculture," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(3), pages 1-22, September.
- Singh, Sukhpal, 2002. "Contracting Out Solutions: Political Economy of Contract Farming in the Indian Punjab," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1621-1638, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:7:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1186_s40100-019-0130-z is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsContract farming; Climate change; Coping and adaptation strategies; Simultaneous equation systems; Northern Ghana;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9854-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.