Financing Community Development in the US: A Comparison of “War on Poverty” and 1990s-Era Policy Approaches
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter S. Fisher, 1997. "Tax and spending incentives and enterprise zones," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 109-138.
- Hyman P. Minsky & Dimitri B. Papadimitriou & Ronnie J. Phillips & L. Randall Wray, 1992. "Community Development Banks," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_83, Levy Economics Institute.
- Gary Dymski & Wei Li & Carolyn Aldana & Hyeon-Hyo Ahn, 2010. "Ethnobanking in the USA: from antidiscrimination vehicles to transnational entities," International Journal of Business and Globalisation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(2), pages 163-191.
- Gary A Dymski, 2009. "Racial Exclusion and the Political Economy of the Subprime Crisis," Discussion Papers 02, Research on Money and Finance.
- G A Dymski & J M Veitch, 1996.
"Financial Transformation and the Metropolis: Booms, Busts, and Banking in Los Angeles,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 28(7), pages 1233-1260, July.
- G A Dymski & J M Veitch, 1996. "Financial transformation and the metropolis: booms, busts, and banking in Los Angeles," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(7), pages 1233-1260, July.
- Gary A. Dymski, 2009. "The global financial customer and the spatiality of exclusion after the 'end of geography'," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 2(2), pages 267-285.
- Asena Caner & Edward N. Wolff, "undated". "Asset Poverty in The United States: Its Persistence in an Expansionary Economy," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_76, Levy Economics Institute.
- HAROLD Black & M. Collins & Ken Cyree, 1997. "Do Black-Owned Banks Discriminate against Black Borrowers?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 189-204, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hearn, Jody, 2011. "Unmet needs in addressing child neglect: Should we go back to the drawing board?," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 715-722, May.
More about this item
KeywordsCommunity-development finance institution; War on Poverty; Clinton and Bush administrations; Financing and development; US banking industry; Low-income housing; New Markets Tax Credit; Community development entities (CDEs); New urban policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:blkpoe:v:36:y:2009:i:3:p:245-273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.