Public debt and financial development: A theoretical exploration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- M Ismihan & G Ozkan, 2010. "Public debt and Financial development: A theoretical exploration," Discussion Papers 10/14, Department of Economics, University of York.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beetsma, Roel M. W. J. & Bovenberg, A. Lans, 1999.
"Does monetary unification lead to excessive debt accumulation?,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 299-325, December.
- Beetsma, Roel & Bovenberg, A Lans, 1995. "Does Monetary Unification Lead to Excessive Debt Accumulation?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1299, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1995. "Does monetary unification lead to excessive debt accumulation," Discussion Paper 1995-112, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Beetsma, R.M.W.J. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1995. "Does Monetary Unification Lead to Excessive Debt Accumulation?," DELTA Working Papers 95-23, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Hauner, David, 2008. "Credit to government and banking sector performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1499-1507, August.
- Hauner, David, 2009. "Public debt and financial development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 171-183, January.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1990.
"Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1990, Volume 5, pages 75-122
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Giavazzi & M. Pagano, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of two Small Euopean Countries," Working Papers 89, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Giavazzi, Francesco & Pagano, Marco, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions Be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 417, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Giavazzi & Marco Pagano, 1990. "Can Severe Fiscal Contractions be Expansionary? Tales of Two Small European Countries," NBER Working Papers 3372, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- M. Shahe Emran & Subika Farazi, 2009. "Lazy Banks? Government Borrowing and Private Credit in Developing Countries," Working Papers 2009-09, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2004. "Fiscal Policy and Financial Depth," NBER Working Papers 10532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ross Levine, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Views and Agenda,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 688-726, June.
- Levine, Ross, 1996. "Financial development and economic growth : views and agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1678, The World Bank.
- von Hagen, Jurgen & Strauch, Rolf R, 2001. "Fiscal Consolidations: Quality, Economic Conditions, and Success," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 109(3-4), pages 327-346, December.
- Coccorese, Paolo, 2005. "Competition in markets with dominant firms: A note on the evidence from the Italian banking industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1083-1093, May.
- F. Gulcin Ozkan & Ahmet Kipici & Mustafa Ismihan, 2010.
"The Banking Sector, Government Bonds, and Financial Intermediation: The Case of Emerging Market Countries,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 55-70, January.
- F. Gulcin Ozkan & Ahmet Kipici & Mustafa Ismihan, 2008. "The Banking Sector, Government Bonds and Financial Intermediation: The Case of Emerging Market Countries," Discussion Papers 08/11, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Ismihan, Mustafa & Gulcin Ozkan, F., 2004. "Does central bank independence lower inflation?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 305-309, September.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 1997. "Microeconomics of Banking," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061937, March.
- Arvid Raknerud & Bjørn Helge Vatne & Ketil Rakkestad, 2011. "How do banks’ funding costs affect interest margins?," Working Paper 2011/09, Norges Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dennis Essers & Hans J. Blommestein & Danny Cassimon & Perla Ibarlucea Flores, 2016.
"Local Currency Bond Market Development in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Stock-Taking Exercise and Analysis of Key Drivers,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(5), pages 1167-1194, May.
- Essers, Dennis & Blommestein, Hans & Cassimon, Danny & Ibarlucea Flores, Perla, 2014. "Local currency bond market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: a stock-taking exercise and analysis of key drivers," IOB Working Papers 2014.08, Universiteit Antwerpen, Institute of Development Policy (IOB).
- Essers, Dennis & Blommestein, Hans & Cassimon, Danny & Ibarlucea Flores, Perla, 2015. "Local currency bond market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: A stock-taking exercise and analysis of key drivers," MPRA Paper 65320, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2015.
- Mustafa İsmihan & Burcu Dinçergök & Seyit Mümin Cilasun, 2013. "Finance, Instability, Debt and Growth: The Turkish Case, 1980-2010," EY International Congress on Economics I (EYC2013), October 24-25, 2013, Ankara, Turkey 271, Ekonomik Yaklasim Association.
- repec:bla:intfin:v:19:y:2016:i:3:p:311-332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Janda, Karel & Kravtsov, Oleg, 2017. "Time-varying Effects of Public Debt on the Financial and Banking Development in the Central and Eastern Europe," MPRA Paper 77325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:rfe:zbefri:v:34:y:2016:i:2:p:529-554 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial development; Credit to government; Public debt;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- H63 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Debt; Debt Management; Sovereign Debt
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:115:y:2012:i:3:p:348-351. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.