Tax and spending incentives and enterprise zones
Firm-specific incentives and enterprise zones are the two most rapidly growing weapons in states' and localities' competitive arsenal. What incentives have states and localities adopted, which of these incentives are spreading, and what are the prominent successes and failures? What has been the experience with "clawback" provisions, assurances from recipients that they will actually create the jobs and other economic benefits they promise?
Volume (Year): (1997)
Issue (Month): Mar ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 600 Atlantic Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02210|
Web page: http://www.bos.frb.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lynn W. Bachelor, 1991. "Michigan, Mazda, and the Factory of the Future: Evaluating Economic Development Incentives," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 5(2), pages 114-125, May.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2003. "Local Economic Development Policies," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 03-91, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Robert Tannenwald, 1996. "State business tax climate: how should it be measured and how important is it?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jan, pages 23-38.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "Who Benefits from State and Local Economic Development Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wbsle, June.
- Barry M. Rubin & Craig M. Richards, 1992. "A Transatlantic Comparison of Enterprise Zone Impacts: The British and American Experience," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 6(4), pages 431-443, November.
- Newman, Robert J. & Sullivan, Dennis H., 1988. "Econometric analysis of business tax impacts on industrial location: What do we know, and how do we know it?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 215-234, March.
- Peter S. Fisher & Alan H. Peters, 1996. "Taxes, incentives and competition for investment," The Region, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Jun, pages 52-57.
- Matthew R. Marlin, 1990. "The Effectiveness of Economic Development Subsidies," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 4(1), pages 15-22, February.
- Michael J. Stutzer, 1985. "The statewide economic impact of small-issue industrial revenue bonds," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr.
- Dan Y. Dabney, 1991. "Do Enterprise Zone Incentives Affect Business Location Decisions?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 5(4), pages 325-334, November.
- Ernest P. Goss, 1994. "The Impact Of Infrastructure Spending On New Business Formation: The Importance Of State Economic Development Spending," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 24(3), pages 265-279, Winter.