Arbeit auf Abruf und Arbeitsmarktdynamik in der Schweiz: Evaluation eines (weitgehend) nicht regulierten Beschäftigungsverhältnisses
Atypical employment contracts are either considered as traps that hinder permanent employment in the primary segment of the labour market or as stepping-stones leading to stable employment. Whereas the former interpretation appears to apply to Germany, our analysis of on-call contracts in the comparatively weakly regulated Swiss labour market, dynamics are high: mobility between working on-call jobs and permanent employment contracts is sizable, and no evidence of discriminatory wage practices can be observed. Furthermore, no significant differences in job-satisfaction levels between on-call and other employees exist. Nevertheless, some persistence phenomena can be observed on the Swiss labour market as well.
Volume (Year): 142 (2006)
Issue (Month): I (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +41 (0)44 631 32 34
Fax: +41 (0)44 631 39 01
Web page: http://www.sjes.ch
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oschmiansky, Heidi & Oschmiansky, Frank, 2003. "Erwerbsformen im Wandel: Integration oder Ausgrenzung durch atypische Beschäftigung? Berlin und die Bundesrepublik Deutschland im Vergleich," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2003-106, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1976. "The Economics of Job Search: A Survey," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 347-68, September.
- P. J. Sloane & H. Williams, 2000. "Job Satisfaction, Comparison Earnings, and Gender," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 14(3), pages 473-502, 09.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-59, May.
- Tobias Hagen, 2003. "Does Fixed-term Contract Employment Raise Firms' Adjustment Speed?, Evidence from an Establishment Panel for West Germany," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 223(4), pages 403-421, July.
- Alison L Booth & Juan J. Dolado & Jeff Frank, 2002. "Symposium On Temporary Work Introduction," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages F181-F188, June.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- Sousa-Poza, Alfonso & Sousa-Poza, Andres A., 2000. "Well-being at work: a cross-national analysis of the levels and determinants of job satisfaction," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 517-538, November.
- Johannes Schwarze & Guido Heineck, 2001. "Keine dramatischen Effekte nach der Reform der geringfügig Beschäftigten," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 68(21), pages 319-325.
- Alfonso Sousa-Poza & Hans Schmid & Rolf Widmer, 2001. "The allocation and value of time assigned to housework and child-care: An analysis for Switzerland," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 599-618.
- Clark, Andrew E. & Oswald, Andrew J. & Warr, Peter B., 1994. "Is job satisfaction u-shaped in age ?," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9407, CEPREMAP.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1981. "Agency, Earnings Profiles, Productivity, and Hours Restrictions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 606-20, September.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta & Olivier Boylaud, 2000. "Summary Indicators of Product Market Regulation with an Extension to Employment Protection Legislation," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 226, OECD Publishing.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ses:arsjes:2006-i-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Steiner)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.