Bodegas or Bagel Shops? Neighborhood Differences in Retail and Household Services
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward W. (Ned) Hill & Iryna Lendel, 2007. "The Impact of the Reputation of Bio-Life Science and Engineering Doctoral Programs on Regional Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 21(3), pages 223-243, August.
- Dynarski, Susan, 2000. "Hope for Whom? Financial Aid for the Middle Class and Its Impact on College Attendance," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 53(3), pages 629-662, September.
- Richard Florida & Charlotta Mellander & Kevin Stolarick, 2008.
"Inside the black box of regional development: human capital, the creative class and tolerance,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 8(5), pages 615-649, September.
- Florida, Richard & Mellander, Charlotta & Stolarick, Kevin, 2007. "Inside the Black Box of Regional Development - human capital, the creative class and tolerance," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 88, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Kate Bishop & Toke Reichstein & Ammon Salter, 2008. "Exploring the Role of Geographic Proximity in Shaping University–Industry Interaction," Chapters,in: Creating Wealth from Knowledge, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter Lindelöf & Hans Löfsten, 2004. "Proximity as a Resource Base for Competitive Advantage: University--Industry Links for Technology Transfer," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 29(3_4), pages 311-326, August.
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki, 2001. "Migration of recent college graduates: evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, pages 13-34.
- Gerke Hoogstra & Jouke Van Dijk & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2005. "Do jobs follow people or people follow jobs? A meta-analysis of Carlino-Mills studies," ERSA conference papers ersa05p737, European Regional Science Association.
- Ann Markusen & Gregory H. Wassall & Douglas DeNatale & Randy Cohen, 2008. "Defining the Creative Economy: Industry and Occupational Approaches," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 22(1), pages 24-45, February.
- (ed.), 1992. "Index," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1241.
- Paul D. Gottlieb & George Joseph, 2006. "College-To-Work Migration Of Technology Graduates And Holders Of Doctorates Within The United States," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 627-659.
- Iryna Lendel, 2010. "The Impact of Research Universities on Regional Economies: The Concept of University Products," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 24(3), pages 210-230, August.
- John Deskins & Brian Hill & Laura Ullrich, 2010. "Education Spending and State Economic Growth: Are All Dollars Created Equal?," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 24(1), pages 45-59, February.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S., 2003. "The waxing and waning of regional economies: the chicken-egg question of jobs versus people," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 76-97, January.
- Bound, John & Groen, Jeffrey & Kezdi, G.Gabor & Turner, Sarah, 2004. "Trade in university training: cross-state variation in the production and stock of college-educated labor," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 143-173.
- Elizabeth Currid & Kevin Stolarick, 2010. "The Occupationâ€”Industry Mismatch: New Trajectories for Regional Cluster Analysis and Economic Development," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(2), pages 337-362, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark van Duijn & Jan Rouwendal & Ruben van Loon, 2014. "Urban Resilience: Store Location Dynamics and Cultural Heritage," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1158, European Regional Science Association.
- Schuetz, Jenny, 2015. "Why are Walmart and Target Next-Door neighbors?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 38-48.
- repec:gam:jagris:v:7:y:2017:i:9:p:76-:d:111987 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jenny Schuetz & Richard K. Green, 2014. "Is The Art Market More Bourgeois Than Bohemian?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 273-303, March.
- Kahn, Matthew E. & Walsh, Randall, 2015. "Cities and the Environment," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier.
- Schuetz, Jenny & Kolko, Jed & Meltzer, Rachel, 2012. "Are poor neighborhoods “retail deserts”?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 269-285.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:52-73 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsdowntowns; economic development incentives/tools; location decisions; quality of life; state and local ED policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ecdequ:v:26:y:2012:i:1:p:73-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.