¿Cómo deberíamos regular el capital bancario y los productos financieros? ¿Cuál es el papel de los “testamentos en vida”?
Financial regulation is normally imposed in reaction to some prior crisis, rather than founded on theoretical principle. In the past, regulation has been deployed to improve risk management practices in individual banks. This was misguided. Instead, regulation should focus first on systemic externalities (contagion) and second on consumer protection (asymmetric information). The quantification of systemic externalities is difficult. Since the costs of financial breakdown is high, a natural response is to pile extra regulation onto a set of regulated intermediaries, but this can impair their capacity to intermediate and leads onto border problems, between regulated and unregulated and between different national regulatory systems.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 23 (July-December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cra. 1 No. 12-68 Casa de las Mandolinas|
Phone: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1307
Fax: (571) 2826066 Ext. 1304
Web page: http://www.economiainstitucional.com
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles Goodhart & Miguel Segoviano, 2009. "Banking Stability Measures," FMG Discussion Papers dp627, Financial Markets Group.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2010.
"Reversing unconventional monetary policy: technical and political considerations,"
Chapters in SUERF Studies,
SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2009. "Reversing unconventional monetary policy: technical and political considerations," CEPR Discussion Papers 7605, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hart, Oliver & Zingales, Luigi, 2009.
"A New Capital Regulation For Large Financial Institutions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7298, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oliver Hart & Luigi Zingales, 2011. "A New Capital Regulation for Large Financial Institutions," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 453-490.
- Luigi Zingales & Oliver Hart, 2009. "A New Capital Regulation For Large Financial Institutions," Working Papers 2009.124, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Miguel Segoviano, 2006. "Consistent Information Multivariate Density Optimizing Methodology," FMG Discussion Papers dp557, Financial Markets Group.
- Lasse H. Pedersen & Markus Brunnermeier, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
425, Econometric Society.
- Markus K Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pederson, 2003. "Predatory Trading," FMG Discussion Papers dp441, Financial Markets Group.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2004. "Predatory Trading," NBER Working Papers 10755, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pederson, 2003. "Predatory trading," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24829, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2004. "Predatory Trading," CEPR Discussion Papers 4639, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rei:ecoins:v:12:y:2010:i:23:p:85-109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.