Crowded Positions: An Overlooked Systemic Risk for Central Clearing Parties
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Duffie, Darrell & Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2015.
"Central clearing and collateral demand,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 237-256.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Schneicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," Economics Working Papers 14104, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Darrell Duffie & Martin Scheicher & Guillaume Vuillemey, 2014. "Central Clearing and Collateral Demand," NBER Working Papers 19890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scheicher, Martin & Vuillemey, Guillaume & Duffie, Darrell, 2014. "Central clearing and collateral demand," Working Paper Series 1638, European Central Bank.
- Paul Glasserman & Ciamac C. Moallemi & Kai Yuan, 2016. "Hidden Illiquidity with Multiple Central Counterparties," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 64(5), pages 1143-1158, October.
- Bignon, Vincent & Vuillemey, Guillaume, 2016. "The Failure of a Clearinghouse: Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 11630, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Samim Ghamami & Paul Glasserman, 2016. "Does OTC Derivatives Reform Incentivize Central Clearing?," Working Papers 16-07, Office of Financial Research, US Department of the Treasury.
- Kin Lam & Chor‐Yiu Sin & Rico Leung, 2004. "A theoretical framework to evaluate different margin‐setting methodologies," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(2), pages 117-145, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Jack Bao & Maureen O'Hara & Xing Zhou, 2016. "The Volcker Rule and Market-Making in Times of Stress," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2016-102, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Markus Brunnermeier & Arvind Krishnamurthy, 2014. "Risk Topography: Systemic Risk and Macro Modeling," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number brun11-1, June.
- Fuchun Li & Héctor Pérez Saiz, 2016. "Measuring Systemic Risk Across Financial Market Infrastructures," Staff Working Papers 16-10, Bank of Canada.
- Siyi Zhu, 2011. "Is there a 'race to the bottom' in central counterparties competition?," DNB Occasional Studies 906, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Robert R. Bliss & Robert Steigerwald, 2006. "Derivatives clearing and settlement: a comparison of central counterparties and alternative structures," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, vol. 30(Q IV), pages 22-29.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kubitza, Christian & Pelizzon, Loriana & Getmansky, Mila, 2018.
"The pitfalls of central clearing in the presence of systematic risk,"
ICIR Working Paper Series
31/18, Goethe University Frankfurt, International Center for Insurance Regulation (ICIR).
- Kubitza, Christian & Pelizzon, Loriana & Getmansky Sherman, Mila, 2019. "Pitfalls of central clearing in the presence of systematic risk," SAFE Working Paper Series 235, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Cenedese, Gino & Ranaldo, Angelo & Vasios, Michalis, 2020. "OTC premia," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 86-105.
- Evangelos Benos & Wenqian Huang & Albert Menkveld & Michalis Vasios, 2019. "The cost of clearing fragmentation," BIS Working Papers 826, Bank for International Settlements.
- Berlinger, Edina & Dömötör, Barbara & Illés, Ferenc, 2019.
"Anti-cyclical versus risk-sensitive margin strategies in central clearing,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 117-131.
- Berlinger, Edina & Dömötör, Barbara & Illés, Ferenc, 2017. "Anti-cyclical versus Risk-sensitive Margin Strategies in Central Clearing," Corvinus Economics Working Papers (CEWP) 2017/03, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Injun Hwang & Baeho Kim, 2020. "Heterogeneity and netting efficiency under central clearing: A stochastic network analysis," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(2), pages 192-208, February.
- Wenqian Huang & Albert Menkveld & Shihao Yu, 2019. "Central counterparty exposure in stressed markets," BIS Working Papers 833, Bank for International Settlements.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:rasset:v:7:y:2017:i:2:p:209-242.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/raps .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.