Component-Driven Regime-Switching Volatility
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Asger Lunde & Peter R. Hansen, 2005.
"A forecast comparison of volatility models: does anything beat a GARCH(1,1)?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 873-889.
- Asger Lunde & Peter Reinhard Hansen, 2001. "A Forecast Comparison of Volatility Models: Does Anything Beat a GARCH(1,1)?," Working Papers 2001-04, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy & Yong Song, 2012.
"Components of Bull and Bear Markets: Bull Corrections and Bear Rallies,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(3), pages 391-403, February.
- John M Maheu & Thomas H McCurdy & Yong Song, 2010. "Components of bull and bear markets: bull corrections and bear rallies," Working Papers tecipa-402, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy, 2002. "Nonlinear Features of Realized FX Volatility," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(4), pages 668-681, November.
- Maheu, John M. & McCurdy, Thomas H., 2000.
"Volatility dynamics under duration-dependent mixing,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 345-372, November.
- John M. Maheu & Tom McCurdy, 2000. "Volatility Dynamics Under Duration-Dependent Mixing," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1427, Econometric Society.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Nour Meddahi, 2005. "Correcting the Errors: Volatility Forecast Evaluation Using High-Frequency Data and Realized Volatilities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(1), pages 279-296, January.
- Hansen, Peter Reinhard & Lunde, Asger, 2006. "Consistent ranking of volatility models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 131(1-2), pages 97-121.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Vo, Minh T., 2009. "Regime-switching stochastic volatility: Evidence from the crude oil market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 779-788, September.
- John Geweke & Gianni Amisano, 2011.
"Hierarchical Markov normal mixture models with applications to financial asset returns,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 1-29, January/F.
- John Geweke & Gianni Amisano, 2007. "Hierarchical Markov Normal Mixture Models with Applications to Financial Asset Returns," Working Papers 0705, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Amisano, Gianni & Geweke, John, 2007. "Hierarchical Markov normal mixture models with applications to financial asset returns," Working Paper Series 831, European Central Bank.
- Diaa Noureldin & Neil Shephard & Kevin Sheppard, 2012.
"Multivariate high‐frequency‐based volatility (HEAVY) models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(6), pages 907-933, September.
- Diaa Noureldin & Neil Shephard & Kevin Sheppard, 2011. "Multivariate High-Frequency-Based Volatility (HEAVY) Models," Economics Series Working Papers 533, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Diaa Noureldin & Neil Shephard & Kevin Sheppard, 2011. "Multivariate High-Frequency-Based Volatility (HEAVY) Models," Economics Papers 2011-W01, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Markus Haas, 2004. "A New Approach to Markov-Switching GARCH Models," Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(4), pages 493-530.
- Andersen, Torben G & Bollerslev, Tim, 1998. "Answering the Skeptics: Yes, Standard Volatility Models Do Provide Accurate Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 885-905, November.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Naresh Bansal & Robert A. Connolly & Chris Stivers, 2010. "Regime‐switching in stock index and Treasury futures returns and measures of stock market stress," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(8), pages 753-779, August.
- Fleming, Jeff & Kirby, Chris, 2011. "Long memory in volatility and trading volume," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1714-1726, July.
- Laurent E. Calvet, 2004.
"How to Forecast Long-Run Volatility: Regime Switching and the Estimation of Multifractal Processes,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics, Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 2(1), pages 49-83.
- Laurent-Emmanuel Calvet & Adlai J. Fisher, 2004. "How to Forecast Long-Run Volatility: Regime Switching and the Estimation of Multifractal Processes," Post-Print hal-00478472, HAL.
- Wilfling, Bernd, 2009. "Volatility regime-switching in European exchange rates prior to monetary unification," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 240-270, March.
- Engle, Robert F. & White (the late), Halbert (ed.), 1999. "Cointegration, Causality, and Forecasting: Festschrift in Honour of Clive W. J. Granger," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296836.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patton, Andrew J., 2011.
"Volatility forecast comparison using imperfect volatility proxies,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 246-256, January.
- Andrew Patton, 2006. "Volatility Forecast Comparison using Imperfect Volatility Proxies," Research Paper Series 175, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Hamilton, James D., 1990. "Analysis of time series subject to changes in regime," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 39-70.
- Ichiue, Hibiki & Koyama, Kentaro, 2011.
"Regime switches in exchange rate volatility and uncovered interest parity,"
Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1436-1450.
- Hibiki Ichiue & Kentaro Koyama, 2007. "Regime Switches in Exchange Rate Volatility and Uncovered Interest Parity," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 07-E-22, Bank of Japan.
- Liu, Xinyi & Margaritis, Dimitris & Wang, Peiming, 2012. "Stock market volatility and equity returns: Evidence from a two-state Markov-switching model with regressors," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 483-496.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cordis, Adriana S. & Kirby, Chris, 2014. "Discrete stochastic autoregressive volatility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 160-178.
- Ying Wang & Hoi Ying Wong, 2017. "VIX Forecast Under Different Volatility Specifications," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 24(2), pages 131-148, June.
- Augustyniak, Maciej & Dufays, Arnaud, 2018. "Modeling macroeconomic series with regime-switching models characterized by a high-dimensional state space," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 122-126.
- AUGUSTYNIAK, Maciej & BAUWENS, Luc & DUFAYS, Arnaud, 2016.
"A New Approach to Volatility Modeling : The High-Dimensional Markov Model,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2016042, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Arnaud Dufays & Maciej Augustyniak & Luc Bauwens, 2016. "A new approach to volatility modeling: the High-Dimensional Markov model," Cahiers de recherche 1609, Centre de recherche sur les risques, les enjeux économiques, et les politiques publiques.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jfinec:v:11:y:2013:i:2:p:263-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sofieea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.