The Impact of Remittances on Child Education in Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carlo Alcaraz & Daniel Chiquiar & Alejandrina Salcedo, 2010. "Remittances, Schooling, and Child Labor in Mexico," Working Papers 2010-14, Banco de México.
- Ersado, Lire, 2005. "Child Labor and Schooling Decisions in Urban and Rural Areas: Comparative Evidence from Nepal, Peru, and Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 455-480, March.
- Zhao, Meng & Glewwe, Paul, 2010. "What determines basic school attainment in developing countries? Evidence from rural China," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 451-460, June.
- Borraz Fernando, 2005. "Assessing the Impact of Remittances on Schooling: the Mexican Experience," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-32, April.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2009.
"Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1143-1154, June.
- Calero, Carla & Bedi, Arjun S. & Sparrow, Robert, 2008. "Remittances, Liquidity Constraints and Human Capital Investments in Ecuador," IZA Discussion Papers 3358, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Calero, C. & Bedi, A.S. & Sparrow, R.A., 2008. "Remittances, liquidity constraints and human capital investments in Ecuador," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18735, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Alison Booth & Yuji Tamura, 2009.
"Impact of Paternal Temporary Absence on Children Left Behind,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
617, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Booth, Alison L. & Tamura, Yuji, 2009. "Impact of Paternal Temporary Absence on Children Left Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 4381, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Booth, Alison L & Tamura, Yuji, 2009. "Impact of Paternal Temporary Absence on Children Left Behind," CEPR Discussion Papers 7440, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tansel, Aysit, 2002. "Determinants of school attainment of boys and girls in Turkey: individual, household and community factors," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 455-470, October.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Lillard, Lee A., 1987. "Education policy and schooling attainment in Malaysia and the Philippines," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-181, April.
- Pushkar Maitra, 2003.
"Schooling and Educational Attainment: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 129-153.
- Pushkar Maitra, 2001. "Schooling and Educational Attainment: Evidence from Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2001-07, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Mansuri, Ghazala, 2006. "Migration, school attainment, and child labor : evidence from rural Pakistan," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3945, The World Bank.
- Alcaraz, Carlo & Chiquiar, Daniel & Salcedo, Alejandrina, 2012. "Remittances, schooling, and child labor in Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 156-165.
- Patrick M. Emerson & Shawn D. Knabb, 2007. "Fiscal Policy, Expectation Traps, And Child Labor," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(3), pages 453-469, July.
- David McKenzie & Hillel Rapoport, 2011.
"Can migration reduce educational attainment? Evidence from Mexico,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(4), pages 1331-1358, October.
- McKenzie, David & Rapoport, Hillel, 2006. "Can migration reduce educational attainment ? Evidence from Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3952, The World Bank.
- Holmes, Jessica, 2003. "Measuring the determinants of school completion in Pakistan: analysis of censoring and selection bias," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 249-264, June.
- Muhammad Nasir & Muhammad Salman Tariq & Faiz-ur-Rehman, 2011. "The Effect of Foreign Remittances on Schooling: Evidence from Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2011:66, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Rabia Arif & Azam Chaudhry, 2015. "The effects of external migration on enrolments, accumulated schooling and dropouts in Punjab," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(16), pages 1607-1632, April.
- Michael Lokshin & Mikhail Bontch-Osmolovski & Elena Glinskaya, 2010.
"Work-Related Migration and Poverty Reduction in Nepal,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 323-332, May.
- Lokshin, Michael & Bontch-Osmolovski, Mikhail & Glinskaya, Elena, 2007. "Work-related migration and poverty reduction in Nepal," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4231, The World Bank.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Amuedo-Dorantes, Catalina & Pozo, Susan, 2010. "Accounting for Remittance and Migration Effects on Children's Schooling," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1747-1759, December.
More about this item
KeywordsChild education; school enrollment; educational attainment; remittances.;
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:21:y:2016:i:1:p:69-98. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsecopk.html .