Reconstructing the Performance of Pakistan’s Political Economy: Another Paradigm
This paper looks at the major factors limiting economic growth in Pakistan. The paper then analyzes the structural problems faced by Pakistan today and goes on to discuss the challenges facing monetary policy makers in Pakistan as well as the problem of budget and trade deficits. The paper concludes with a discussion on the key institutional changes needed in Pakistan.
Volume (Year): 16 (2011)
Issue (Month): Special Edition (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Intersection Main Boulevard Phase VI DHA and Burki Road, Lahore|
Phone: (92-42) 6560939
Web page: http://www.lahoreschoolofeconomics.edu.pk/EconomicsJournal/LJEIntro.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:pid:wpaper:2007:35 is not listed on IDEAS
- Petra M. Geraats, 2002. "Central Bank Transparency," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 532-565, November.
- repec:pid:journl:v:34:y:1995:i:4:p:927-943 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Woodford, 2001. "The Taylor Rule and Optimal Monetary Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 232-237, May.
- Wasim Shahid Malik & Musleh-ud Din, 2008.
"Monetary Policy Transparency in Pakistan : An Independent Analysis,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
22214, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- repec:pid:wpaper:2011:69 is not listed on IDEAS
- NR, Bhanumurthy & Kumawat, Lokendra, 2009. "External Shocks and the Indian Economy: Analyzing through a Small, Structural Quarterly Macroeconometric Model," MPRA Paper 19776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pid:journl:v:44:y:2005:i:4:p:805-817 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P.M., 2004.
"How Transparent Are Central Banks?,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0411, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & Geraats, P., 2006. "How transparent are central banks?," Other publications TiSEM b34dfb1f-520f-4787-a08f-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Geraats, Petra M, 2002. "How Transparent are Central Banks?," CEPR Discussion Papers 3188, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alesina, Alberto, 1992. "Political models of macroeconomic policy and fiscal reform," Policy Research Working Paper Series 970, The World Bank.
- Whitehead, Laurence, 1990. "Political explanations of macroeconomic management: A survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1133-1146, August.
- John B. Taylor, 1999. "Introduction to "Monetary Policy Rules"," NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Policy Rules, pages 1-14 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Ege Yazgan & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2007.
"Monetary policy rules in practice: evidence from Turkey and Israel,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 1-8.
- Ege YAZGAN & Hakan YILMAZKUDAY, . "Monetary Policy Rules in Practice: Evidence from Turkey and Israel," Middle East and North Africa 330400057, EcoMod.
- Gordon Cordina, 2004. "Economic Vulnerability And Economic Growth: Some Results From A Neo-Classical Growth Modelling Approach," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 21-39, December.
- repec:pid:journl:v:44:y:2005:i:3:p:233-252 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:journl:v:35:y:1996:i:4:p:747-759 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:journl:v:50:y:2011:i:2:p:145-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:wpaper:2011:70 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:journl:v:42:y:2003:i:4:p:375-393 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:wpaper:2007:36 is not listed on IDEAS
- International Monetary Fund, 2010. "Pakistan; Third Review Under the Stand-By Arrangement," IMF Staff Country Reports 10/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Mundell, Robert A., 1999.
"A Reconsideration of the Twentieth Century,"
Nobel Prize in Economics documents
1999-5, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Mahoney, Paul G, 2001. "The Common Law and Economic Growth: Hayek Might Be Right," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 503-25, Part I Ju.
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Lino Briguglio & Gordon Cordina & Nadia Farrugia & Stephanie Vella, 2009.
"Economic Vulnerability and Resilience: Concepts and Measurements,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 229-247.
- Briguglio, Lino & Cordina, Gordon & Farrugia, Nadia & Vella, Stephanie, 2008. "Economic Vulnerability and Resilience: Concepts and Measurements," Working Paper Series RP2008/55, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:pid:journl:v:49:y:2010:i:1:p:37-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wasim Shahid Malik, 2007.
"Monetary Policy Objectives in Pakistan : An Empirical Investigation,"
Macroeconomics Working Papers
22212, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sajawal Khan & Muhammad Arshad Khan, 2007.
"What Determines Private Investment? The Case of Pakistan,"
Finance Working Papers
22202, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Qayyum, Abdul, 2005.
"Modelling the Demand for Money in Pakistan,"
2057, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2005.
- repec:pid:journl:v:29:y:1990:i:1:p:19-32 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:pid:journl:v:28:y:1989:i:4:p:717-730 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:16:y:2011:i:sp:p:31-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.