The Monetarist versus the Neo-Keynesian Views on the Acceleration of Inflation: Some Evidence from South Asian Countries (with Special Emphasis on Pakistan)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Md. Akhtar Hossain, 1986. "Monetary Disequilibrium and Inflation. A Monetary Model of Inflation in Pakistan, 1963-82," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 141-162.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J & Wohar, Mark E, 1984. "Monetarism and the Aggregate Economy: Some Longer-Run Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(4), pages 619-629, November.
- JONATHAN D. JONES & NASIR M. KHIUl, 1988. "Money Growth, Inflation, and Causality (EmpiricalEvidence for Pakistan, 1973-1985)," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 27(1), pages 45-58.
- Desai, Meghnad & Blake, David, 1982. "Monetarism and the US economy: A re-evaluation of Stein's model 1960-1973," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 111-125, July.
- Stein, Jerome L., 1978. "Inflation, employment and stagflation," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 193-228, April.
- Karl Brunner, 1970. "The “monetarist revolution” in monetary theory," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 105(1), pages 1-30, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mohammad Aslam Chaudhary & Naved Ahmad, 1995. "Money Supply, Deficit, and Inflation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 945-956.
- Khan, Safdar Ullah & Saqib, Omar Farooq, 2011.
"Political instability and inflation in Pakistan,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 540-549.
- Khan, Safdar Ullah & Saqib, Omar Farooq, 2008. "Political Instability and Inflation in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 13056, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 02 Jan 2009.
- Safdar Ullah Khan & Omar Farooq Saqib, 2009. "Political Instability and Inflation in Pakistan," SBP Working Paper Series 29, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- repec:pje:journl:article10v is not listed on IDEAS
- Inayat Ullah Mangla, 2011. "Reconstructing the Performance of Pakistan’s Political Economy: Another Paradigm," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(Special E), pages 30-70, September.
- Iqbal, Nasir & Khan, Sardar Javaid Iqbal & Irfan, Muhammad, 2008. "Democracy, Autocracy and Macroeconomic Performance in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 28122, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:29:y:1990:i:1:p:19-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.