Is silence golden? An inquiry into the meaning of silence in professional product evaluations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harvey, Nigel & Harries, Clare & Fischer, Ilan, 2000. "Using Advice and Assessing Its Quality," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 252-273, March.
- West, Patricia M & Broniarczyk, Susan M, 1998. " Integrating Multiple Opinions: The Role of Aspiration Level on Consumer Response to Critic Consensus," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 38-51, June.
- Michaely, Roni & Womack, Kent L, 1999. "Conflict of Interest and the Credibility of Underwriter Analyst Recommendations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 653-686.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fowdur, Lona & Kadiyali, Vrinda & Prince, Jeffrey, 2012.
"Racial bias in expert quality assessment: A study of newspaper movie reviews,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 292-307.
- Lona Fowdur & Vrinda Kadiyali & Jeffrey T. Prince, 2009. "Racial Bias in Expert Quality Assessment: A Study of Newspaper Movie Reviews," Working Papers 2010-13, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Marco Caliendo & Michel Clement & Edlira Shehu, 2015. "The effect of individual professional critics on books’ sales: capturing selection biases from observable and unobservable factors," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 423-436, December.
- repec:spr:grdene:v:21:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s10726-010-9211-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Natalia Gmerek, 2015. "The determinants of Polish movies’ box office performance in Poland," Journal of Marketing and Consumer Behaviour in Emerging Markets, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(1), pages 15-35.
More about this item
KeywordsExpert product recommendations; Expert consensus; Critic silence; Experience goods; Multinomial logit; Latent measurement model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:qmktec:v:4:y:2006:i:2:p:119-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .