Mortgage Risk Premiums during the Housing Bubble
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajan, Uday & Seru, Amit & Vig, Vikrant, 2015.
"The failure of models that predict failure: Distance, incentives, and defaults,"
Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 237-260.
- Seru, Amit & Rajan, Uday & Vig, Vikrant, 2015. "The Failure of Models That Predict Failure: Distance, Incentives, and Defaults," Research Papers 3464, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Otto Van Hemert, 2011.
"Understanding the Subprime Mortgage Crisis,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 1848-1880.
- Atif Mian & Amir Sufi, 2009. "The Consequences of Mortgage Credit Expansion: Evidence from the U.S. Mortgage Default Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(4), pages 1449-1496.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "Introduction to "Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4"," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher Mayer & Karen Pence & Shane M. Sherlund, 2009. "The Rise in Mortgage Defaults," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 27-50, Winter.
- Manuel Adelino & Antoinette Schoar & Felipe Severino, 2018.
"Dynamics of Housing Debt in the Recent Boom and Great Recession,"
NBER Macroeconomics Annual, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 265-311.
- Manuel Adelino & Antoinette Schoar & Felipe Severino, 2017. "Dynamics of Housing Debt in the Recent Boom and Great Recession," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2017, volume 32, pages 265-311, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manuel Adelino & Antoinette Schoar & Felipe Severino, 2017. "Dynamics of Housing Debt in the Recent Boom and Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 23502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Stanton & Nancy Wallace, 2011. "The Bear's Lair: Index Credit Default Swaps and the Subprime Mortgage Crisis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(10), pages 3250-3280.
- Simon Gilchrist & Egon Zakrajsek, 2012. "Credit Spreads and Business Cycle Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1692-1720, June.
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Deepak Agrawal & Christopher Mann, 2001. "Explaining the Rate Spread on Corporate Bonds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 247-277, February.
- Barakova, Irina & Calem, Paul S. & Wachter, Susan M., 2014. "Borrowing constraints during the housing bubble," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 4-20.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Michael LaCour‐Little & Anthony B. Sanders, 2004. "The Effect of Conforming Loan Status on Mortgage Yield Spreads: A Loan Level Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 541-569, December.
- Arthur Acolin & Jesse Bricker & Paul Calem & Susan Wachter, 2016. "Borrowing Constraints and Homeownership," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(5), pages 625-629, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Itzhak Ben-David & Pascal Towbin & Sebastian Weber, 2019.
"Expectations During the U.S. Housing Boom: Inferring Beliefs from Actions,"
NBER Working Papers
25702, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Towbin, Pascal & Weber, Sebastian, 2019. "Expectations During the U.S. Housing Boom: Inferring Beliefs from Actions," Working Paper Series 2019-8, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsHousing bubble; Risk premium; Securitization; Private-label;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:60:y:2020:i:4:d:10.1007_s11146-018-9682-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.