The cost of strikes in the Spanish mining sector: modelling an undesirable input with a distance function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Clarisse Messemer & Richard Parks, 2004. "Bootstrap Methods for Inference in a SUR model with Autocorrelated Disturbances," Working Papers UWEC-2004-24, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Ferrier, Gary D. & Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1990. "Measuring cost efficiency in banking : Econometric and linear programming evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 229-245.
- James G. MacKinnon, 2002. "Bootstrap inference in econometrics," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 615-645, November.
- David N. Laband & John P. Sophocleus, 1992. "An Estimate of Resource Expenditures on Transfer Activity in the United States," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(3), pages 959-983.
- Lenway, Stefanie & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 1996. "Rent Seeking, Protectionism and Innovation in the American Steel Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 410-421, March.
- Stijn Reinhard & C. A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Analysis of Environmental Efficiency Variation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1054-1065.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1993. "Derivation of Shadow Prices for Undesirable Outputs: A Distance Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 374-380, May.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1975. "Seemingly unrelated nonlinear regressions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 35-50, February.
- Graham, Mary, 2004. "Environmental efficiency: Meaning and measurement and application to Australian dairy farms," 2004 Conference (48th), February 11-13, 2004, Melbourne, Australia 58450, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Rolf Färe & Shawna Grosskopf, 1998. "Shadow Pricing of Good and Bad Commodities," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 584-590.
- Roibas, David & Arias, Carlos, 2004. "Endogeneity Problems in the Estimation of Multi-Output Technologies," Efficiency Series Papers 2004/06, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Atkinson, Scott E & Cornwell, Christopher & Honerkamp, Olaf, 2003. "Measuring and Decomposing Productivity Change: Stochastic Distance Function Estimation versus Data Envelopment Analysis," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 284-294, April.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Stijn Reinhard & C.A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 1999. "Econometric Estimation of Technical and Environmental Efficiency: An Application to Dutch Dairy Farms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 44-60.
- Lopez, Rigoberto A & Pagoulatos, Emilio, 1994. "Rent Seeking and the Welfare Cost of Trade Barriers," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 79(1-2), pages 149-160, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Mosheim, 2013. "A shadow distance function decomposition of the environmental Kuznets curve: comparing the South China Sea and the Caribbean," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 457-472, December.
- Nehring, Richard & Mishra, Ashok K. & Fernandez-Cornejo, Jorge & Hallahan, Charlie & Erickson, Kenneth & Harris, Michael, 2013. "Off-Farm Work and Economic Performance on Corn Farms," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151422, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Roberto Mosheim, 2014. "Under pressure: community water systems in the United States—a production model with water quality and organization type effects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 277-292, December.
- Nehring, Richard F. & Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Harris, Michael & Erickson, Kenneth W., 2018. "Economic Efficiency of U.S. Organic Versus Conventional Dairy Farms: Evidence from," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 273793, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Lota, Tamini D. & Bruno, Larue & West, Gale E., 2011. "Technical Efficiency, Environment Efficiency, Productivity and Beneficial Management Practices," Working Papers 102067, Structure and Performance of Agriculture and Agri-products Industry (SPAA).
More about this item
KeywordsDuality theory; Input distance function; Shadow prices; Rent seeking; Coal sector; D72; F13; L71;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L71 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Hydrocarbon Fuels
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:27:y:2007:i:1:p:73-83. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.