A theoretical measure of environmental efficiency
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 1994. "North-South Trade and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 755-787.
- P-A. Jouvet & P. Michel & G. Rotillon, 2002.
"Capital Allocation and International Equilibrium with Pollution Permits,"
THEMA Working Papers
2002-02, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Pierre-André Jouvet & Gilles Rotillon, 2012. "Capital Allocation and International Equilibrium with Pollution Permits," Post-Print hal-01449910, HAL.
- Stokey, Nancy L, 1998. "Are There Limits to Growth?," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(1), pages 1-31, February.
- Noll, Roger G, 1982. "Implementing Marketable Emissions Permits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 120-124, May.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1989. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons When Some Outputs Are Undesirable: A Nonparametric Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 90-98, February.
- Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel & Morard, Bernard, 1993. "The impact of corporate pollution on market valuation: some empirical evidence," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 135-155, October.
- Stijn Reinhard & C. A. Knox Lovell & Geert Thijssen, 2002. "Analysis of Environmental Efficiency Variation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1054-1065.
- Bohm, Peter & Russell, Clifford S., 1985. "Comparative analysis of alternative policy instruments," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics,in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 10, pages 395-460 Elsevier.
- Pittman, Russell W, 1983. "Multilateral Productivity Comparisons with Undesirable Outputs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(372), pages 883-891, December.
- Hahn, Robert W, 1989. "Economic Prescriptions for Environmental Problems: How the Patient Followed the Doctor's Orders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 95-114, Spring.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1993. "Derivation of Shadow Prices for Undesirable Outputs: A Distance Function Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 374-380, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jouvet, Pierre-André & Michel, Philippe & Rotillon, Gilles, 2005. "Equilibrium with a market of permits," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 148-163, June.
- Thierry Bréchet & Philippe Michel, 2007.
"Environmental performance and equilibrium,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1078-1099, November.
- BRECHET, Thierry & MICHEL, Philippe, 2004. "Environmental performance and equilibrium," CORE Discussion Papers 2004072, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BRECHET, Thierry & MICHEL, Philippe, 2007. "Environmental performance and equilibrium," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2056, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental efficiency factor; environmental performance; indicators; market of permits; undesirable output.;
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2004-12-12 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2004-12-12 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:v04011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/msep1fr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.