Allowance for failure: reducing dysfunctional behavior by innovating accountability practices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goergen, Marc & Manjon, Miguel C. & Renneboog, Luc, 2008.
"Recent developments in German corporate governance,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 175-193, September.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2004-123, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Goergen, M. & Manjon, M.C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2004. "Recent Developments in German Corporate Governance," Discussion Paper 2004-014, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J., 1998. "Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-277, March.
- Hardesty, David M. & Bearden, William O., 2004. "The use of expert judges in scale development: Implications for improving face validity of measures of unobservable constructs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 98-107, February.
- Richard Bernardi, 2006. "Associations between Hofstedeâ€™s Cultural Constructs and Social Desirability Response Bias," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 43-53, April.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Rajgopal, Shiva, 2005.
"The economic implications of corporate financial reporting,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1-3), pages 3-73, December.
- John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey & Shiva Rajgopal, 2004. "The Economic Implications of Corporate Financial Reporting," NBER Working Papers 10550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Roberto A., 1999.
"The econometrics and behavioral economics of escalation of commitment: a re-examination of Staw and Hoang's NBA data,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 59-82, May.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Weber, Roberto A., 1998. "The Econometrics and Behavioral Economics of Escalation of Commitment: A Re-examination of Staw and Hoang's NBA Data," Working Papers 1043, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Aerts, Walter, 2005. "Picking up the pieces: impression management in the retrospective attributional framing of accounting outcomes," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 493-517, August.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2002.
"Small Business Credit Availability and Relationship Lending: The Importance of Bank Organisational Structure,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 32-53, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Gregory F. Udell, 2001. "Small business credit availability and relationship lending: the importance of bank organizational structure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-36, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:156-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Barretta & Cristiano Busco & Pasquale Ruggiero, 2008. "Trust in Project Financing: An Italian Health Care Example," Public Money & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 179-184, June.
- Alon Brav & Wei Jiang & Frank Partnoy & Randall Thomas, 2008. "Hedge Fund Activism, Corporate Governance, and Firm Performance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(4), pages 1729-1775, August.
- repec:bla:joares:v:21:y:1983:i:2:p:596-605 is not listed on IDEAS
- Axel K-D. Schulz & Mandy M. Cheng, 2002. "Persistence in capital budgeting reinvestment decisions - personal responsibility antecedent and information asymmetry moderator: A note," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 42(1), pages 73-86.
- Naresh K. Malhotra & Sung S. Kim & Ashutosh Patil, 2006. "Common Method Variance in IS Research: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches and a Reanalysis of Past Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1865-1883, December.
- Kester, W. Carl, 1994. "Banks in the board room: The American versus Japanese and German experiences," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-204.
- Amnon Rapoport & Darryl A. Seale & Ido Erev & James A. Sundali, 1998. "Equilibrium Play in Large Group Market Entry Games," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 119-141, January.
- Shields, Michael D. & Deng, F. Johnny & Kato, Yutaka, 2000. "The design and effects of control systems: tests of direct- and indirect-effects models," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 185-202, February.
- Davila, Tony, 2005. "An exploratory study on the emergence of management control systems: formalizing human resources in small growing firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 223-248, April.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Ezzamel, Mahmoud & Willmott, Hugh & Worthington, Frank, 2008. "Manufacturing shareholder value: The role of accounting in organizational transformation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(2-3), pages 107-140.
- Otley, David T. & Pierce, Bernard J., 1995. "The control problem in public accounting firms: An empirical study of the impact of leadership style," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 405-420, July.
- Harrell, Adrian & Harrison, Paul, 1994. "An incentive to shirk, privately held information, and managers' project evaluation decisions," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 19(7), pages 569-577, October.
- Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2005. "Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 655-684.
- Frédérique Six, 2007. "Building interpersonal trust within organizations: a relational signalling perspective," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 11(3), pages 285-309, September.
- Del Guercio, Diane & Seery, Laura & Woidtke, Tracie, 2008. "Do boards pay attention when institutional investor activists "just vote no"?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 84-103, October.
- Merchant, Kenneth A., 1990. "The effects of financial controls on data manipulation and management Myopia," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 297-313.
- Robert Armstrong & Robert Williams & J. Barrett, 2004. "The Impact of Banality, Risky Shift and Escalating Commitment on Ethical Decision Making," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 365-370, September.
- Antonio Barretta & Cristiano Busco & Pasquale Ruggiero, 2008. "Trust in Project Financing: An Italian Health Care Example," Public Money & Management, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, vol. 28(3), pages 179-184, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v:27:y:1989:i:1:p:59-77 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bisbe, Josep & Batista-Foguet, Joan-Manuel & Chenhall, Robert, 2007. "Defining management accounting constructs: A methodological note on the risks of conceptual misspecification," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 789-820.
- Zhang, G. Peter & Keil, Mark & Rai, Arun & Mann, Joan, 2003. "Predicting information technology project escalation: A neural network approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 146(1), pages 115-129, April.
- Lord, Alan T. & Todd DeZoort, F., 2001. "The impact of commitment and moral reasoning on auditors' responses to social influence pressure," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 215-235, April.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edwards,Jeremy & Fischer,Klaus, 1996. "Banks, Finance and Investment in Germany," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521566087.
- Dunk, Alan S., 1993. "The effects of job-related tension on managerial performance in participative budgetary settings," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 18(7-8), pages 575-585.
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:189-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ruth N. Bolton, 1993. "Pretesting Questionnaires: Content Analyses of Respondents' Concurrent Verbal Protocols," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(3), pages 280-303.
More about this item
KeywordsAllowance for failure; Capital market; Decision-making; Project escalation; G30; M10;
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jmgtgv:v:19:y:2015:i:3:p:655-686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.