The control problem in public accounting firms: An empirical study of the impact of leadership style
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rhode, John Grant & Sorensen, James E. & Lawler, Edward III, 1977. "Sources of professional staff turnover in public accounting firms revealed by the exit interview," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 165-175, March.
- McNair, C. J., 1991. "Proper compromises: The management control dilemma in public accounting and its impact on auditor behavior," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 635-653.
- Pratt, Jamie & Jiambalvo, James, 1981. "Relationships between leader behaviors and audit team performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 133-142, April.
- Ferris, Kenneth R., 1977. "Perceived uncertainty and job satisfaction in the accounting environment," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 23-28, January.
- Pratt, Jamie & Jiambalvo, James, 1982. "Determinants of leader behavior in an audit environment," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 369-379, October.
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:156-182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kida, Thomas E., 1984. "Performance evaluation and review meeting characteristics in public accounting firms," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 137-147, June.
- repec:bla:joares:v::y:1972:i::p:189-193 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:14:y:1976:i:2:p:189-211 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Halil Paino & Malcolm Smith & Zubaidah Ismail, 2012. "Auditor acceptance of dysfunctional behaviour: An explanatory model using individual factors," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 37-55, May.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10997-016-9346-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Viator, Ralph E., 2001. "The association of formal and informal public accounting mentoring with role stress and related job outcomes," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 73-93, January.
- Seif Obeid Al-Shbiel, 2016. "An Examination the Factors Influence on Unethical Behaviour among Jordanian external auditors: Job Satisfaction as a mediator," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 6(3), pages 285-296, July.
- Christian Kleine & Barbara Weißenberger, 2014. "Leadership impact on organizational commitment: the mediating role of management control systems choice," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 241-266, January.
- Matthias Mahlendorf, 2015. "Allowance for failure: reducing dysfunctional behavior by innovating accountability practices," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(3), pages 655-686, August.
- Elaine Wallace & Leslie Chernatony & Isabel Buil, 2011. "How Leadership and Commitment Influence Bank Employees’ Adoption of their Bank’s Values," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 101(3), pages 397-414, July.
- Stefan Hofmann & Andreas Wald & Ronald Gleich, 2012. "Determinants and effects of the diagnostic and interactive use of control systems: an empirical analysis on the use of budgets," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 153-182, December.
- Marginson, David & Ogden, Stuart, 2005. "Coping with ambiguity through the budget: the positive effects of budgetary targets on managers' budgeting behaviours," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 435-456, July.
- Niamh Brennan & John Kelly, 2007. "A study of whistleblowing among trainee auditors," Open Access publications 10197/2901, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Burrows, Geoff & Black, Christopher, 1998. "Profit sharing in Australian Big 6 accounting firms: An exploratory study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 23(5-6), pages 517-530.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:20:y:1995:i:5:p:405-420. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.