Quo Vadis? Suggestions for future corporate governance research
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Postal:Via Cairoli 10 40121 Bologna
Web page: http://www.accademiaaidea.it/en
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/new+%26+forthcoming+titles+%28default%29/journal/10997/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-39, May.
- R. Joseph Monsen & John S. Chitj & David E. Cooley, 1968. "The Effect of Separation of Ownership and Control on the Performance of the Large Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 82(3), pages 435-451.
- Jensen, M.C. & Murphy, K.J., 1988.
"Performance Pay And Top Management Incentives,"
88-04, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
NBER Working Papers
5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Baker, G.P. & Jensen, M.C. & Murphy, K.J., 1988.
"Compensation And Incentives: Practice Vs. Theory,"
88-05, Rochester, Business - Managerial Economics Research Center.
- Herbert A. Simon, 1991. "Organizations and Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 25-44, Spring.
- Singh, Nirvikar, 1985. "Monitoring and Hierarchies: The Marginal Value of Information in a Principal-Agent Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 599-609, June.
- Ryngaert, Michael, 1988. "The effect of poison pill securities on shareholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 377-417, January.
- Gerald L. Salamon & E. Dan Smith, 1979. "Corporate Control and Managerial Misrepresentation of Firm Performance," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 319-328, Spring.
- Grabowski, Henry G & Mueller, Dennis C, 1972. "Managerial and Stockholder Welfare Models of Firm Expenditures," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(1), pages 9-24, February.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989.
"Alternative Mechanisms for Corporate Control,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 842-52, September.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Alternative Mechanisms for Corporate Control," NBER Working Papers 2532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Morck & Andrel Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Alternative Mechanisms for Corporate Control," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 52, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Spence, Michael & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1971. "Insurance, Information, and Individual Action," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 380-87, May.
- Torben Pedersen & Steen Thomsen, 1997. "European Patterns of Corporate Ownership: A Twelve-Country Study," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 28(4), pages 759-778, December.
- Holl, Peter, 1975. "Effect of Control Type on the Performance of the Firm in the U.K," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(4), pages 257-71, June.
- Erin Anderson, 1985. "The Salesperson as Outside Agent or Employee: A Transaction Cost Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 4(3), pages 234-254.
- Lewellen, Wilbur & Loderer, Claudio & Rosenfeld, Ahron, 1985. "Merger decisions and executive stock ownership in acquiring firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 209-231, April.
- Madden, Gerald P., 1982. "The separation of ownership from control and investment performance," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 149-152.
- McEachern, William A, 1976. "Corporate Control and Risk," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(2), pages 270-78, June.
- Bradley, Michael & Wakeman, L. Macdonald, 1983. "The wealth effects of targeted share repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 301-328, April.
- Halpern, Paul J, 1973. "Empirical Estimates of the Amount and Distribution of Gains to Companies in Mergers," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(4), pages 554-75, October.
- Conyon, Martin J & Murphy, Kevin J, 2000. "The Prince and the Pauper? CEO Pay in the United States and United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(467), pages F640-71, November.
- DeAngelo, Harry & Rice, Edward M., 1983. "Antitakeover charter amendments and stockholder wealth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 329-359, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jmgtgv:v:12:y:2008:i:2:p:153-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.