Corporate Acquisitions: A Theory of Special Cases? A Review of Event Studies Applied to Acquisitions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yanna Wu & Subhash C. Ray, 2005. "Technical Efficiency and Stock Market Reaction to Horizontal Mergers," Working papers 2005-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Cunha, P.A.M.F.V., 2005. "The value of cooperation : Studies on the performance outcomes of interorganizational alliances," Other publications TiSEM 59466e6c-1920-461e-b5e9-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hopkins, Yvette S. & Connor, John M., 1992. "A Re-Examination Of Event Studies Applied To Challenged Horizontal Mergers," Working Papers 116105, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Claire E. Ashton-James & Killian J. McCarthy & Anca Dranca-Iacoban, 2011. "Power, and the Destruction of Value in Mergers and Acquisitions," Chapters,in: The Nature of the New Firm, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Mei, Bin & Sun, Changyou, 2008. "Event analysis of the impact of mergers and acquisitions on the financial performance of the U.S. forest products industry," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 286-294, April.
- Bernad, Cristina & Fuentelsaz, Lucio & Gómez, Jaime, 2010. "The effect of mergers and acquisitions on productivity: An empirical application to Spanish banking," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 283-293, October.
- repec:eee:finana:v:54:y:2017:i:c:p:144-158 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhabra, Harjeet S. & Huang, Jiayin, 2013. "An empirical investigation of mergers and acquisitions by Chinese listed companies, 1997–2007," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 186-207.
- Chi, Jing & Sun, Qian & Young, Martin, 2011. "Performance and characteristics of acquiring firms in the Chinese stock markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 152-170, June.
- Ferreira, Manuel Portugal & Santos, João Carvalho & de Almeida, Martinho Isnard Ribeiro & Reis, Nuno Rosa, 2014. "Mergers & acquisitions research: A bibliometric study of top strategy and international business journals, 1980–2010," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2550-2558.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:190-204 is not listed on IDEAS
- Higgins, Huong N. & Beckman, Judy, 2006. "Abnormal returns of Japanese acquisition bidders--impact of pro-M&A legislation in the 1990s," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 250-268, June.
- Lin, Lin & Tai, Vivian W. & Hsu, Chien-Lung & Yang, Chung-Chun, 2016. "Who is more visionary in mergers: Commercial vs. investment banks," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 133-152.
- JoÃ£o Carvalho Santos & Manuel Portugal Ferreira & Nuno Rosa Reis & Martinho Ribeiro Almeida, 2012. "Mergers & acquisitions research: A bibliometric study of top strategy and international business journals," Working Papers 91, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Anand S. Desai & Roger D. Stover, 1985. "Bank Holding Company Acquisitions, Stockholder Returns, And Regulatory Uncertainty," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 8(2), pages 145-156, June.
- Elena MELIA-MARTI & Ana Maria MARTINEZ-GARCIA, 2015. "Characterization And Analysis Of Cooperative Mergers And Their Results," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 479-504, September.
- Yagil, Joseph, 1996. "Mergers and macro-economic factors," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 181-190.
- Jack W. Trifts & Kevin P. Scanlon, 1987. "Interstate Bank Mergers: The Early Evidence," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 10(4), pages 305-313, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:38:y:1983:i:2:p:297-317. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.