Wage discrimination and antidiscrimination policy in unionized industries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Svejnar, Jan, 1986.
"Bargaining Power, Fear of Disagreement, and Wage Settlements: Theory and Evidence from U.S. Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1055-1078, September.
- Svejnar, J., 1984. "Bargaining power, fear of disagreement and wage settlements: theory and evidence from U.S. industry," CORE Discussion Papers 1984037, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- SVEJNAR, Jan, 1986. "Bargaining power, fear of disagreement, and wage settlements: theory and evidence from U.S. industry," CORE Discussion Papers RP 720, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabe, Sandrine, 2007.
"Trade unions vs. statistical discrimination: Theory and application to post-apartheid South Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 417-444, September.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Rospabé, Sandrine, 2005. "Trade Unions v. Statistical Discrimination: Theory and Application to Post-Apartheid South Africa," IDEI Working Papers 348, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Sandrine Rospabé & Jean-Paul Azam, 2007. "Trade Unions v. statistical discrimination : theory and application to Post-Apartheid South Africa," Post-Print halshs-00109384, HAL.
- Nash, John, 1953. "Two-Person Cooperative Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 21(1), pages 128-140, April.
- Peter G. Gahan, 2002. "(What) do unions maximise? Evidence from survey data," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 279-297, May.
- Maarten Vendrik & Christiane Schwieren, 2010.
"Identification, screening and stereotyping in labour market discrimination,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 99(2), pages 141-171, March.
- Vendrik,Maarten C.M. & Schwieren,Christiane, 2005. "Identification, screening and stereotyping in labor market discrimination," Research Memorandum 013, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Vendrik, Maarten C.M. & Schwieren, Christiane, 2009. "Identification, Screening and Stereotyping in Labour Market Discrimination," IZA Discussion Papers 4571, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Catherine C. de Fontenay & Joshua S. Gans, 2005.
"Vertical Integration in the Presence of Upstream Competition,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(3), pages 544-572, Autumn.
- Catherine C. de Fontenay & Joshua S. Gans, 2004. "Vertical Integration in the Presence of Upstream Competition," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 904, The University of Melbourne.
- Joshua Gans & Catherine de Fontenay, 2004. "Vertical Integration in the Presence of Upstream Competition," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 7, Econometric Society.
- Myles, Gareth D. & Naylor, Robin A., 1995.
"Do unions reduce discrimination? A model of Nash bargaining between a union and an employer with discriminatory tastes,"
Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 249-274, September.
- Myles, G.D. & Naylor, R.A., 1990. "Do Union Reduce Discrimination? A Model Of Nash Bargaining Between A Union And An Employeur With Discriminatory Tastes," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 366, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Minas Vlassis, 2003. "Wage Centralization and the Scope of Firm-Union Bargaining: 'Efficient Bargains' or 'Labour Demand'?," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 71(3), pages 308-329, June.
- Nick Drydakis & Minas Vlassis, 2010.
"Ethnic Discrimination In The Greek Labour Market: Occupational Access, Insurance Coverage And Wage Offers,"
University of Manchester, vol. 78(3), pages 201-218, June.
- Nick Drydakis & Minas Vlassis, 2007. "Ethnic Discrimination in the Greek Labour Market: Occupational Access, Insurance Coverage, and Wage Offers," Working Papers 0715, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Corneo, Giacomo, 1995. "National wage bargaining in an internationally integrated product market," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 503-520, September.
- Oswald, Andrew J, 1982. "The Microeconomic Theory of the Trade Union," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(367), pages 576-595, September.
- Clask, A. & Oswald, A., 1992. "Trade Union Utility Functions: A survey of Union Leaders' Views," Economics Series Working Papers 99132, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wei-Bin ZHANG, 2014. "Gender Discrimination, Education and Economic Growth in a Generalized Uzawa-Lucas Two-Sector Model," Timisoara Journal of Economics and Business, West University of Timisoara, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 7(1), pages 1-34.
More about this item
KeywordsUnions; Bargaining; Discriminatory wage contracts; Antidiscrimination policy; J50; J51; J31;
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
- J51 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - Trade Unions: Objectives, Structure, and Effects
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:105:y:2012:i:1:p:45-62. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.